ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

drying towel

Not a 320d
Well ive used similar and while theyre good the Ultra Plush is just thicker and works better. Try protecting your car properly and then see how easy it is for a car to dry.

AUDI A5 s-sline
ok thanks for the help. i will be buying a machine polisher soon so, i can the protect it afterwards properly! :)

Bumder With A Buffer
The blue ones are fine...I have 4 of those and 1 of the plush ones.

I find that if your car is protected well then the blue ones are godd there. The plusher ones seem better on cars that aren't protected. Having said that the plush one works even better on cars that are protected.

If use the blue ones on mine but they aren't that good on the missus car...have to break out the plush one

All about the open hose technique first. The idea being it sheets water off the surface so there is less water to soak up.

The one that Toby has linked to is my favourite, but the one you have posted is just as good.

AUDI A5 s-sline
All about the open hose technique first. The idea being it sheets water off the surface so there is less water to soak up.

The one that Toby has linked to is my favourite, but the one you have posted is just as good.

probably sound stupid,
but whats this technigue?^ :eek:

Not a 320d
Well once its all waxed up so to speak youll get hsi effect....with minimal need for drying.

Last edited by a moderator:
probably sound stupid,
but whats this technigue?^ :eek:

Not stupid at all lad - if you don't know something, you don't know it. The forum is here to help :)

As the above video shows, the idea behind the OHT is simply to sheet water across the panels so it doesn't leave beads everywhere on the panel. Instead it all runs off. But this is only achievable on well protected cars that have a hydrophobic product, so waxes and sealants.

ph2 172
The blue one you posted in the first post is awesome, I got mine 2 weeks ago. I used the open hose first then used the towel it works brill. I just lent it to my friend and he also commented on how awesome it was. I done my clio and it only felt damp, he done his zr without ringing the towel out.

Not a 320d
Try the yellow one lol, youll think thats even better. Ive tried allsorts and the ultra plush is by far the best. mine are over a year old and still work flawlessly.

AUDI A5 s-sline
Not stupid at all lad - if you don't know something, you don't know it. The forum is here to help :)

As the above video shows, the idea behind the OHT is simply to sheet water across the panels so it doesn't leave beads everywhere on the panel. Instead it all runs off. But this is only achievable on well protected cars that have a hydrophobic product, so waxes and sealants.
Thanks for all the help! :). Can you recommend any good waxes and sealants? :).

ph2 172
Can you recommend any good waxes and sealants?

jfa2492l.jpg

Not a 320d
Christ mate. All about how much you want to spend. This is where people get really self indulgent and I dont suppose theres any right or wrong answer.

I can reccomend you some good waxes to use/try but they may seem expensive. Avoid Fk1000p and Collinite 476s as you have a black car.

If you want a long lasting sealant then I highly reccomend Zaino Z5 mixed with 6 drops of ZFX. (Yes the ZFX does make ALL the difference). People say it takes the fun out of detailing and I agree but it lasts well over the estimated 6 month mark providing you wash correctly with good products. Its my winter sealant as I leave the car sealed up in November time and leave the old girl to fend for herself through until about this time of year. All you need to do is wash the car, clay if youve not clayed it before (every 6-12 months is ideal for claying), dry the car, then just apply the mix thinly and wait 30 mins. Then remove. Thats it. I use it on company cars ive got on contract to maintain throughout the year.

Loads of good waxes. Vics Red Concours isone of my favorites, as is Zymol carbon, as is Zymol Glasur, as is Swissvax Best Of show. I have others but these get used the most.

AUDI A5 s-sline
Big thanks Toby for all that info, I really need to give my car a proper detail I'm waiting for the weather to get better so I can treat myself to a machine polisher and give it a good going over! :).
I take it that the best place to get these waxes and sealants is looking around on the net? :).
Once again thanks for all the help everyone! :).
Josh

Not a 320d
Ill post you some sites. Use the "cliosport" discount code.

Nothing really much in halfords to buy. Out of interest, what do you have currently? Buckets, washmitts, I assume you have pressure washer? List it all! Ill offer you my advice where I can, but my favorite products might not best suit you. JD and Gally also give good advice and theirs might be different to mine who knows.

Not much point in machine polishing a car if you dont have the gear to look after it. Ive youve not got much experience with sealants or waxes then it may be best to try cheaper ones out to begin with just to see what they are capable of - quick and easy to get hold of would be Autoglym Super resin Polish and Extra Gloss Protection - not the best, not the most durable or best looking but relativly inexpensive and easy to get hold of and a good starting point. I used to own a black dynamique like yours and its a good 4-5 hours worth of work. My shitty GT is bigger and takes even more time. I usually polish around the beginning of April when I get more holiday hours at work and the weather starts to behave itself, if not then when I break up for summer holidays. I dont know how local you are but if I can help you out (show you how things work) with ease then Ill try so long as I have some spare time. I live near Swanland, spend a lot of time over in Hedon too.

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/

http://www.i4detailing.co.uk/

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/

AUDI A5 s-sline
Currently I have, karcher pressure washer, 2 buckets, 2 poo wash mits, soft wash brush, microfibre cloths, shammy leather, detailing brush, shampoo/ wash n wax, wax it wet, atoglym SRP, demon shine, alloy wheel cleaner, t-cut, glass cleaner, meguiars quick clay, ag bumper care, Tw black box - carnuba wax, ice wax, Wheel protect and polish.
I think that's about it, most are abit poo! :(
Your not too far away tbh, I live down Pickering road, bout 10-15 mins away, lol.

Josh

Not a 320d
Karcher, 2 buckets, SRP, MF cloths (for dirty work), megs clay, bumper care are all good.

Ice wax (Turtle wax?) keep for the hell of it no point in throwing away. Whats the carnumab wax like?

If the detailing brushes are good then keep them. If the soft wash brush is the one i thinking of then use it for wheels or wheel arches? Whats the glass cleaner. May as well use the products you already have.

Get a good washmitt. I like the greay halfrauds ones as they last forever. Shampoo plus is a good bulk shampoo. Loads of great products about really. Get an i4detailing plush yellow towel and youll be reet.

AUDI A5 s-sline
Yep the ice wax is the turtle wax one! :)
carnumab wax is part of turtle wax black box with pre wax cleaner and black detailer, is quite good.
Im going to buy a new alloy brush and the plush driving towel! :).
I have a turtle wax glass cleaner, does the job! :). I'm gunna treat myself to a few little things! :).