ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

dual lambda and de-cat pipe..

how can i put a de-cat pipe having the second lambda after the cat?? any problems?? any trick?? tell me.. my car is a Clio 172(mk2)

Thanks

You will have to either get a decat pipe that supports two sensors. I think k-tec do one or alternatively weld an 18 mm nut with 1.5 mm thread at the back of the decat pipe for the second lambda sensor.

Ive got a modified Devil decat pipe (extra 18 mm nut welded at back). No problems so far. Do a search on me as author and you should find an old thread about how it was done.

Simon

Just a quick note, not sure if this will effect the 172 but i know other cars suffer from this...

The second lamba prob that should be after the cat is there for emissions reasons, what is does is detect if all of the fuel has been burnt, if you remove the cat unburnt fuel will pass down the exhaust and it will be detected. This can be a problem especially on cold starts as the engine adds in extra fuel the lamaba probe will read a high a/f ratio that it would not expect if you had a cat and this may then trigger a fault reading in the ecu.

The only time my cat warning light has come on is when I reved the car really hard @ standstill from cold start. The light went out within a few hours.

Can defin. smell petrol and lots of fumes when I cold start it now that it is cold weather. Runs ok though - touch wood !