ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Decat pipe on 182

Ashgtiturbo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Hey guys,

Picked up a cheap decat pipe today.

I currently have a standard exhaust with an aftermarket cat fitted (guessing the Renault one died)

Looking for rhe pro's and cons for fitting this with a resonated miltek/pms/scorpion stainless system.... is it worth it?

If I do, how do you map out the light on these?

I know all the MOT testers on here will get the hump, and I'm not wanting to trigger any wannabe Gretas either.... just looking at the pro,s and cons for performance ;-)

Thanks in advance!!

Ashgtiturbo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Gotcha, position I'm in is the aftermarket standard cat looks rough as a badgers balls, and if anything the stainless decat would tidy it up with a new stainless system....

But if its going to trigger lights, and not really provide any benefits I might just leave it!

Yarp

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Mine never brought the EML on. It also didn’t make any difference to performance but did change the noise a bit.

If the light comes on you can put a bung in the 2nd lambda hole and tie the sensor up out the way somewhere

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I had one on my Yozza exhaust years ago. The eml came on a couple of times. I just reset it each time and it never came back on again.
Zero performance gains as others have said. It made an already loud exhaust louder. I took it off come MOT time and never put it back on, so I sold it.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Lots of noise and the hassle of having to change it come MOT time. I also never put it back on and sold it.

Yarp

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Lots of noise and the hassle of having to change it come MOT time. I also never put it back on and sold it.

Standard test fee + £20 for a decat iirc 👍
1713555553752.jpeg

Ashgtiturbo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Thanks for the replies fellas, I'm going for the resonated exhaust (whatever I decide) so will see how I get on...maybe I'll take the aftermarket cat off and try and clean it up ;-)