ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dump valve for new car!!!

E90
Hey dude, sorry it aint clio related, please dont move this shizzle my membership ran out and i cant reply in other marques, LOL

My Golf 5 Gti comes in a few months and I've been considering purchasing a dump valve for it, i have a few questions....

Is it a bit Chav?

Does the dealer need to fit em, or are the a bolt on part?

Would it effect the warranty in anyway, or make the car loose boost?

Yay or nay?

Thanks dudes, and dudettes

Spend your money on a remap and exhaust instead fella. AmD's stage one remap gives you 250bhp and 250lbft, i've been out in their demonstrator and it pulls like a train. You'll probably find its got a recirculating unit on there at the moment but im assuming you want a vent to atmosphere type? I always preffered the sound of wastgate chatter to dumpvalves.

The dealer probably wont fit it for you.

They may argue the warranty if you have an issue relating to the engine that could be blamed on the dumpvalve.

I had one on my old 5turbo to help prolong the life of the turbo and improve throttle response.

Last edited:
  E90
Company car, cant really do anything to it, like zorst :(:( I was just wanting turbo noises, i've never had a turbo before, I know it aint a full blown monster, I secretly want it to sound like Martin Schanke's Rs200 rallycross car, but i guess i need a x trac gear box and huuuuuge turbo that makes chirping noises like a budgie, haha

E90
thats sweet, i'll think bout that, can u have it mapped without the zorst? would that just be a chip???

You dont need an exhaust they can map the ecu with all the standard parts fitted. I'm not sure if it involves removing and refitting any chips on the ECU on the Golf or merely plugging it into their computers. I know that AmD for example do a map on the actual car and the £500 includes running and adjusting on the RR.

E90
I'm a lazy mo fo, u got a link to there webby ourkid, i cant be arsed searching

and dont do a mikey and type googlemuthafcuker.com

oops bit dearer than i remembered lol. If you want it done and are likely to have it done there let me know as i've got a couple of contacts there so should be able to get some money off for you.

E90
sweet, is there a chip available at all, are they dectectable or can u switch from one to another easily etc, when it goes in for a service? I doubt they'd give it as much poke but i'm guessing a chip should be good for another 20?

Clio 172 mk2
Dump valve is a waste of money and sounds awful.

Used to have one on my old car and it caused problems at idle and sounded embarrasing....it soon went.

Decent panel filter, exhaust and remap is the way to go

Clio 172 mk2
My thankyou:D

Anyone that knows anything about car tuning will tell you they are a waste of money....I suppose we all have to learn from our mistakes though.

dnatuning.com
I think you'll find most the staff have left AmD that used to be there, Geoff the founder left a few yrs ago, then I left, then Craig went back to Wayside, Amanda and Mark left not longer after, then Scott left and went to Oz, and finally about a month ago all the Nathan and the top mechanics and Ed left to start APS in Brackley www.autops.co.uk

dnatuning.com
Neil G said:
Dump valve is a waste of money and sounds awful.

Used to have one on my old car and it caused problems at idle and sounded embarrasing....it soon went.

Decent panel filter, exhaust and remap is the way to go

The Bosch ME7-1.8T and ME9-2.0T FSI systems are both closed loop, so if you vent any air from the system to atmosphere it confuses the system as it's lost a load of air, will cause no end of running problems. Some of the early OEM bosch valves were prone to fail and an uprated recirculating type DV helped reliability. However the newer type OEM valves have improved alot.

dnatuning.com
Loony said:
They wouldnt know about the map ;) Its invisible and even the dealer wouldnt know.

Whoever told you that wasn't being honest I'm afraid, the Bosch ME9 system can be updated via main dealers, if the software in it isn't original they can tell! Too many VAG tuners claim undetectability unfortunately....

Even ME7 OBD style tunes can be detected unless they're reflashed to standard via OBD, many of the switchable systems also use code that sits reident within the ECU that again can be seen, I've seen a manufacturer void warrantys after customers even having just a supposed free trial of a software that was 'undetectable'

Even Joe Bloggs on the high street can simply check if your car is modded by driving up the road and logging requested or actual boost with VAG-COM or similar.

E90
Thanks everyone, thats great. I'd love a Zorst and could have one, would just have to put the old one back on when i handed it in. Panel filter i will do for sure.

Thanks guys

I can recall SAAB turbo engines having issues with the plastic recirculating valves splitting over time or when engines were modded.

John DNA said:
Whoever told you that wasn't being honest I'm afraid, the Bosch ME9 system can be updated via main dealers, if the software in it isn't original they can tell! Too many VAG tuners claim undetectability unfortunately....

Even ME7 OBD style tunes can be detected unless they're reflashed to standard via OBD, many of the switchable systems also use code that sits reident within the ECU that again can be seen, I've seen a manufacturer void warrantys after customers even having just a supposed free trial of a software that was 'undetectable'

Even Joe Bloggs on the high street can simply check if your car is modded by driving up the road and logging requested or actual boost with VAG-COM or similar.

Several people who deal with VAG lumps had told me that, must have been telling porkies then.

dnatuning.com
No need to change the panel filter on the VAG stuff, they make superb airboxes that will flow enough to about 350bhp till you need to consider changing it :)

dnatuning.com
Loony said:
Several people who deal with VAG lumps had told me that, must have been telling porkies then.

It's a big problem in our industry as there is no regulation and to be honest alot think it's true still as their supplier tells them that, we work closely in the UK with Abt Sportsline in Germany who have a direct connection with Audi so not a problem if you take the Abt route, manufacturer backing helps loads!

dnatuning.com
Loony said:
I can recall SAAB turbo engines having issues with the plastic recirculating valves splitting over time or when engines were modded.

All the same Bosch OEM stuff...

Clio 172 mk2
John DNA said:
The Bosch ME7-1.8T and ME9-2.0T FSI systems are both closed loop, so if you vent any air from the system to atmosphere it confuses the system as it's lost a load of air, will cause no end of running problems. Some of the early OEM bosch valves were prone to fail and an uprated recirculating type DV helped reliability. However the newer type OEM valves have improved alot.

Yep...I know about this problem as my last car ran a closed loop system as standard.

A lot of people fitted DVs and noticed flames/pops from all the overfuelling...car puts in the same fuel as it would normally but only problem is there isn't the same volume of air....can lead problems with bore wash in extreme cases.

Clio 172 mk2
John DNA said:
No need to change the panel filter on the VAG stuff, they make superb airboxes that will flow enough to about 350bhp till you need to consider changing it :)

Good airboxes but what about the filter?

dnatuning.com
The standard filters are fine if not better than alot of the aftermarket stuff, I'm sure the aftermarket filter manufacturers will tell you otherwise though, funny that.... :)

A well built VW
Check out www.starperformance.co.uk this guy is tops for vw and audi

My mate does his website and gives me insider information , so much so i wouldn't hesitate to take my car there

I agree what what ive been told VW can tell of a chip is used and AMD losing all the best staff is common on the VW forums

dnatuning.com
Dutch 172 said:
I've just been told these chaps can chip and still be covered by VW warrenty, and i think in this case its right, only 230 hp, but good torque increase, 1200 euros, better start saving.

http://www.abt-shop.de/html/gti.html

Check out my site, we're the sole uk supplier for Abt tuning.
With regards to power figures they're bound by the same strict measuring restrictions as the manufacturers so you'll see realistically the same power as those other companies who hike there figures right up!

dnatuning.com
CupCake said:
John - is there a ClioSport discount at DNAtuning per chance ;)

Could knock up a groupbuy of some sort I'm sure :)

Actually I've been thinking of venturing into the reno's :)

E90
Thanks John, nice site. Seriously considering it, in your opinion, what would it do to performance figures 0-60 etc my cars gonna have the DSG box, does that make the tuning more difficult?

Clio 172 mk2
John DNA said:
The standard filters are fine if not better than alot of the aftermarket stuff, I'm sure the aftermarket filter manufacturers will tell you otherwise though, funny that.... :)

Don't I know it....still have resisted buying an induction kit for that very reason

dnatuning.com
Dutch 172 said:
Thanks John, nice site. Seriously considering it, in your opinion, what would it do to performance figures 0-60 etc my cars gonna have the DSG box, does that make the tuning more difficult?

Yeah you need to be careful on those, we usually wind the torque down on htose, the gearboxes aren't cheap either, so be wary who you get to chip it, remember any chip is detectable despite some of the claims!
There's is only one way that is undetectable and thats to reflash to standard on those, the switchable options are very detectable