ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Durable electronic vernier caliper

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Seem to be getting through these at a stupid rate due to grinding dust potentially getting in and me spending less than £20 each time.
Does anyone know of a set that's good, durable and able to withstand a general workshop environment?

Thanks

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
😂 all that says to me is that you don't know how to read them.
You know what you posted on the other thread about people being a bit of a dick to you? And you're blaming it all on social media? You not reckon it's how you come across on here with comments like that?

Give your head a wobble before replying to people's threads that are asking for genuine advice 👍🏻👍🏻

CBR1000RR Fireblade
You know what you posted on the other thread about people being a bit of a dick to you? And you're blaming it all on social media? You not reckon it's how you come across on here with comments like that?

Give your head a wobble before replying to people's threads that are asking for genuine advice 👍🏻👍🏻

😂

I've never posted anything about people being a dick to me, wtf?!😂

You're a hobbyist welder, why'd you need to rush when taking measurements?

You asked a question, I gave you an answer. You didn't like the answer I gave because you can't read analogue verniers. Instead of admitting that you cant read analogue verniers, you get all excited and go on the defensive.

I don't need to wobble anything before I give genuine advice because genuine advice is exactly what I gave.

Suck it up, butter cup

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
😂

I've never posted anything about people being a dick to me, wtf?!😂

You're a hobbyist welder, why'd you need to rush when taking measurements?

You asked a question, I gave you an answer. You didn't like the answer I gave because you can't read analogue verniers. Instead of admitting that you cant read analogue verniers, you get all excited and go on the defensive.

I don't need to wobble anything before I give genuine advice because genuine advice is exactly what I gave.

Suck it up, butter cup
You're always posting in chit chat and you posted a long post the other day saying everyone is nasty wah wah wahhhhh with your little violin out.

Your advice is absolutely not what I was asking and you know it.

No wonder you get on with absolutely no one on here 😂😂😂😂👍🏻

CBR1000RR Fireblade
You're always posting in chit chat and you posted a long post the other day saying everyone is nasty wah wah wahhhhh with your little violin out.

Your advice is absolutely not what I was asking and you know it.

No wonder you get on with absolutely no one on here 😂😂😂😂👍🏻

I think you've got me confused with some else pal.

Anyway, as I mentioned; My advice was exactly what you were asking and you're throwing a tantrum because you can't read analogue calipers. That's fine. Why don't you just say that's why you want to stick to digital instead of being weird and going off on one for no reason?

You're buying digital calipers and they're getting knackered with dust etc. Buy analogue ones and problem solved.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Mitutoyo or Starrett but going to cost ££££ But they are mega accurate and real nice quality.

Might be overkill but I doubt you would ever need to replace them.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
I think you've got me confused with some else pal.

Anyway, as I mentioned; My advice was exactly what you were asking and you're throwing a tantrum because you can't read analogue calipers. That's fine. Why don't you just say that's why you want to stick to digital instead of being weird and going off on one for no reason?

You're buying digital calipers and they're getting knackered with dust etc. Buy analogue ones and problem solved.
Oh yeah it was in the going out thread. And then your comments about why doesn't everyone spend money on a motorbike instead of cars 😂😂👍🏻

Nooo I'm buying s**t and cheap vernier calipers with zero dust ingress protection hence me wanting to buy some good quality ones 👍🏻

and no offence but if you read my initial reply to you properly ALONGSIDE my original post title you'd fully understand what I am after 👍🏻👍🏻 open your eyes "pal"

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Oh yeah it was in the going out thread. And then your comments about why doesn't everyone spend money on a motorbike instead of cars 😂😂👍🏻

Nooo I'm buying s**t and cheap vernier calipers with zero dust ingress protection hence me wanting to buy some good quality ones 👍🏻

and no offence but if you read my initial reply to you properly ALONGSIDE my original post title you'd fully understand what I am after 👍🏻👍🏻 open your eyes "pal"

Yawn.......

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Mitutoyo are good. We've a 6" one at work that's old and battered, I dropped it in the coolant trough and we machine cast iron so it's had more than it's fair share of dust to contend with.
15813650417784312180537448746786.jpg

The thumb wheel snapped off, that aslo happened to my 12" ones at home which rarely get used🤷‍♂️.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Mitutoyo are good. We've a 6" one at work that's old and battered, I dropped it in the coolant trough and we machine cast iron so it's had more than it's fair share of dust to contend with. View attachment 1454082
The thumb wheel snapped off, that aslo happened to my 12" ones at home which rarely get used🤷‍♂️.
We've so much mitutoyo equipment at work its mad. Do not want to add up the value! Think we just plunged a grand or so into one and most of the cost was in the stand for it with a granite bed . Madness but fantastic quality!

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
We've so much mitutoyo equipment at work its mad. Do not want to add up the value! Think we just plunged a grand or so into one and most of the cost was in the stand for it with a granite bed . Madness but fantastic quality!
I got the 12" vernier free when I left Vickers. The place was shutting anyway so they didn't need it any more 😂.

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.
Seem to be getting through these at a stupid rate due to grinding dust potentially getting in and me spending less than £20 each time.
Does anyone know of a set that's good, durable and able to withstand a general workshop environment?

Thanks

Put them back in the case when you're not using them?

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
you can spend a lot on digital calipers and you get what you pay for.

have a look on a site called cutwel, its where I get my milling cutters from. they have a whole range including waterproof ones. not cheap though

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182

JimF

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I can get Mitutoyo 6” digital calipers for £84. As accurate as you’ll ever need. Industry standard.
Alternatively Moore & Wright are cheaper and almost as good.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Did you get any calipers @dann2707

I've been dead happy with a Facom digi caliper out of RS, has lasted me a couple of years now while previsouly I was going through a Mitutoyo each year (nicked, broke, lost etc.). The battery lasts longer than the cheap Mitutoyos and its absolute so you don't spend ages measuring something up only to find you never zeroed it properly 🤦‍♂️

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member