ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Durable electronic vernier caliper

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
digi calipers are just so quick and convenient though.

My dad used to have one of these:

1624363940803.png

Apparently I took them off his work bench and he found me in the garden using them like a hammer at 3. I can't remember the hammer bit but I CAN remember him being properly fucked off .

Clearly should have been supervising me better haha.

I have this one at home and is in excellent condition and will be for sale as I don't use it, if your interested?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00331QMYG/?tag=cliospnet01-21

@ZachB

Thanks for the link, Im going to buy new for these as I want the crispy freshness 😄

Considering these as I can get them thursday, Im going to be busier next week so will allow to me to draw up a part while I have some time.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00IG46NL2/?tag=cliospnet01-21

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
We have some of those at work and they are on par with the Facom that @Jekyll is selling - I've been so happy with them over the last 3 years that I would buy them again without thought, mine are battered but still feel nice and pass calibration every year - originally I wanted some Mitutoyos but the model I wanted was out of stock. Save some money and put the rest towards a micrometer which is what you really need for bearing fit etc.

We have some of those at work and they are on par with the Facom that @Jekyll is selling - I've been so happy with them over the last 3 years that I would buy them again without thought, mine are battered but still feel nice and pass calibration every year - originally I wanted some Mitutoyos but the model I wanted was out of stock. Save some money and put the rest towards a micrometer which is what you really need for bearing fit etc.
Hold on whats this other thing Im going to need now? 😋 Kidding, you know what I need it for and it needs to be spot on.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
i recently got these, so far they are working great. highly recommend them.

much better than the ebay s**t

Off to a good start, the battery is not making a good connection and wont stay on unless I hold the battery down with a fair bit of force. Ive put some something between the battery and lid but it doesnt do anything. I also tried to carefully bend the pickup for the battery so it starts making connection quicker but nothing. So now what, take it back?

Got it to work, the battery needed to be pushed a certain way. Used some plastic that came with the packaging. I guess you need to pay at least 200 for something that works without fettling.. 😄

IMG_1805.JPG

02 Iceberg 172
I have some Mitutoyo 6" digital verniers that are about 21yrs old and still going strong - have only recently put my 3rd battery in it as well. Definitely one of the best tools I have ever bought (y)

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
So I finally got around to ordering them tonight after using the same ones at work for 6 months or so.

Absolutely love the feel of them and they feel really decent in your hand.

I've been doing some more 3d printing at home over the past month or so and using my cheap £20 ones were really making me hate them. Not ergonomic at all and I kept pressing the reset button by mistake.

Gone for the mitutoyo 500-172-30.

I deliberated over getting the 197's which from what I can see look identical to the ones I've bought just without data entry. I'm sure I won't use the data entry mode, but at least it's there for incase I do find a use for it.

Found them cheaper than the above by £10 so £160 in total. Not a bad price for something I'll intend to have forever or at least a long time.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
That reminds me I need to try and glue the thumb wheel back on mine. They are 25 years old now though and having had very little use look otherwise brand new. Good choice Danyil San 👌.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Are they the ones you posted earlier? They do look mint for 25 years old!
No they were at my last workplace. I've got some 12" ones I took as severamce from Barnbow in the 90s. Now using them at work and they have a tiny red sticker to show they are calibrated which has caused me much pain😂.