ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dust

Inferno 182
Quick question how do i get rid of road dust sticking to my car? Because my car gets covered in it after a day of cleaning it. Is it just because i'm using s**t polish?

Not a 320d
Its because your car is electro magnetically charged from the evil spirits.

Go speak to an exorcist.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Hoover the roads or stop driving.

:coffee:

Seriously though, what do you normally do on a Sunday morning cleaning the car ...? Bucket of suds, sponge and a coat of TurtleWax scrubbed off with your finest Chamois, or have you got £100's of CYC/i4d kit sitting on your shelves...?

GTechniq C2 (a sealant) showed a massive reduction in road dust and grime clinging to my car.

Inferno 182
cheers guys will look for that sealant, only got a cheap wax i dont even know its name but i've just got a new job and pay day is friday so will be getting more expensive stuff at the weekend :) got some autoglym shampoo but thats the only good quality stuff i have for now.

Honda & VW
cheers guys will look for that sealant, only got a cheap wax i dont even know its name but i've just got a new job and pay day is friday so will be getting more expensive stuff at the weekend :) got some autoglym shampoo but thats the only good quality stuff i have for now.

please dont get caught in the trap of thinking the car cleaning world is based around the likes of Autoglym, if you are going to go out and buy some kit do some research first before just going to your local Halfords. Plenty of info on here

Inferno 182
I know autoglym isn't the best, but i didn't buy it the girlfriend did lol, so its better than any cheap s**t

STEALTH RAIDER
Ive still not put my C2 down yet either. Massive difference in terms of stuff sticking to the car. Only seems to be the lower half getting a few stains but thats after 3 weeks with driving in the rain too.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
NoobQ coming up:

C2 - what's the deal ? Literally as described, wipe onto clean paint ? Does any wax etc need to be stripped first ? I've got a bottle sitting here ready to be used :eek:

R26 + EV0 FQ340
If It's a long lasting sealant the car will probably need stripping of any polish, wax or glaze so your applying it to the paint rather than the polish. This means any swirls or scratches will be even more noticable as there won't be any fillers in them.

That's the case with C quartz anyway and you have to have the correct temperature to apply it, leave it to cure for the correct time and then not get it wet for a certain amount of time. A right ball ache so I went back to using a filling glaze and wax.