ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DVDs

Black Gold 182 (Cup Pack)
Anyone use the Xbox 360 to play theyr DVDs? I have not got one yet,but had a mates plugged inot the component inputs on my HD tv last night, I have been told the 360 up-scales stanard DVDs, but it looked the same as a normal DVD player, and couldnt see any settings, Any ideas? Or has someone told me the worng iunfo about the up-scaling?
On a seperate note Gears of war in HD is pant's wettingly good looking. cant belive what i have missed out on with the advances in HD gaming.

Better than yours. C*nt.
i believe it only upscales using the vga connectors

I think it doesn't upscale unless you have the HD-DVD drive, but I'm not 100% certain on that. Certainly did upscale over my component connection to my TV when playing a DVD through the HD-DVD drive.

1.8 Civic EX
I watch all mine through my 360 using the VGA cable...looks the dogs danglies (my tv is LCD but not HD)

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Last time I played a dvd on a mates 360 it crashed after about 4 minutes of play (from cold boot) gave the 3 red lights of death and ended up back at the shop where he got it..

Wont be doing that again lol.. mate wasnt too impressed either..

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
VGA is like the connection from your computer to the monitor, also known as a 15pin D-SUB

LiquidPhoto.co.uk
my housemates 360 is soooo stupidly loud! the fans are caked in dust, but the quality is class on our 42" sony bravia :cool:

Black Gold 182 (Cup Pack)
cool so i will get the vga cable then, is the vga cable also better for playing games, do they look better quality than a component or hdmi?

1.8 Civic EX
cool so i will get the vga cable then, is the vga cable also better for playing games, do they look better quality than a component or hdmi?

can't say whether it's better than HD but it's definately better than the standard cable that comes with it, notice a big difference in the games too...defo recomend it for the sake of £20

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
I have both the component and the VGA cable, the difference is miniscule at best, your average punter wouldnt be able to tell the difference...

VGA mode you can pick resolutions though.. you cant do that with component.

Does the Xbox 360 upscale standard DVD movies?

A. Absolutely, but only if you’re using the VGA connection. During the so-called “Spring Dashboard Update” Microsoft enabled DVD upscaling over the VGA connection, so if you’re using VGA you’ll see movies in whatever resolution you’ve set in the dashboard. However, this is only over VGA. Also, with Fall Dashboard Update, standard DVD movies will be upscaled to 1080p on displays that support it, again only over the VGA connection.