ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dvi to Vga?

Audi S1
Hi all

My laptop has a vga and my tv has a dvi is there any way i can get a cable to view my laptop on my tv?

I have look around but i cant seem to find one, only dvi to HDMI

:) Thanks

Focus ST
I have a vga to dvi adaptor in my hand right now

I'll get a pic of it and upload later, still in packet with diagram...

The dvi to vga adapter should work out the box, might have to press something like function f4 for it to swap between monitor and tv.

JP

Better than yours. C*nt.
Depends if the display is only wired for digital over DVI, as there are two types.

Arctic 182FF
Depends if the display is only wired for digital over DVI, as there are two types.

indeed, look for the specifications for your tv should say its either a DVI-D or DVI-I port on it - if its DVI-I then you'll be good to go.

I got a couple laying round if you going to the lakeside meet on the 22nd and can wait that long as will not cost either of us any money :D

JP

172 Exclusive... For Sale
http://www.play.com//ProductOutline.aspx?title=7966330&r=ELEC

Will this work it has them two little strew things my laptop does have the part for the strews but i dont think it will cause a problem ? also will that then give me audio ??

Nah, you need the cable from your headphone socket and your TV need's a headphone socket (usually located next to the VGA socket on your TV).

So to confirm, you will need two wires going from PC to TV, one for sound and one for picture.