ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dynamating

Polo + Micra

has anyone done this to there clio (mrk2 pref)
just wanted to know how much room there is behind the interior trim.
can you get your hand into the outer skin??
hopefully should stop some of the oem rattles

I did it just behind the front speakers, with one of the small mats you buy. I just cut it to shape the door card where the speaker goes, stuck it in and hey presto. Made a hell of a difference to the sound of the speakers and stops a hell of a lot of rattle from the doors/windows.

This will help...If you know what packaging dynamat comes in, im thinking of the extreme custom wedge kit (4 sq ft), ive prob used about 50 of these buggers, in a mk2 phase 1 99 clio.....full floor pan is done in bout 3 layers, roof is done in 2 layers, front doors 2-3 layers, no back seats, boot done in 3 layers, boot lid etc...etc..etc.....

way too mad but u can go as far as you want with dynamat........

Polo + Micra

yeah i was mainly looking at doing the doors, rear quarters and the boot lid
so i was thinking of getting the 36 sq ft pack.
would this be enough to do the areas above???

Scenic mk1 (F3R)

mate seriosly unless you wana add the equivelent to a fet b*****d to ya car just matt where it rattles thats what i did and i only used half of a 4sq ft kit covering everything is just over kill hope this helps

by the way the amount of space behind the door cards is masive you could store a spaceship in each door na but seriosly there is alot of room

why not buy some dynamat spray. It is just a foam spray stuff which drys on and works the same way. Will be a lot quicker, and you wont need to make any cuts to get it to fit right.

the spray isnt as good as the matting, i was dissapointed when I used it.

Also, lee, im always a bit confused why people put dynamat on the floorpan, for what reason have you done this? The floor pan will never flex, as it is probably the strongest panel in the car, it has to be for safety. If its to reduce road noise, dynamat isnt what should be used, it wouldnt make a difference.

I used brown bread sound deadening instead. Worked well. The only rattle on my car is the rear windscreen wiper as it bounces off the back window!

i used 1 layer of normal dynamat on the door skins all over, and then he sections behind the speaker, then used draft excluder to stop rattels of the door card, as the dynamat will not do wonders for rattels of badly fitting trim but it helps with the metal of the door card, then i used draft excluder on all loose bits of trim in the back (where there are no speakers) then i used about 3/4 of a bulk pack of extreme in the boot and the rest in areas that needed it.

Brown Bread isnt even in the same universe as dynamat, let alone the same league...if youve used them all, and seen all the tests, there is only one sound deadener, and that is dynamat....

Adam, in answer to your question, agreed, to stop road noise you dynamat the doors, as they are the thinnest part of the car. The only reason the floor is done is cos why not.....this car were building is going to compete in soundoffs in europe, so if you go that liitle bit further than anyone else, you stand a better chance of winning...Its all about that little bit further...

BTW, there is now not one squeek or rattle from this baby, and it still hasnt got the carpets or std soundproofing stuff back in yet...