ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dyson Turbo

Hello all

being soo smart i have come up with an idea to use the cyclonic technology in a dyson in a car

ok the cyclones cause a massive amount of air to be sucked in to the dyson

so i thought if it can suck it can blow!!!

so you could have a very small belt powered compressor and massive amounts off boost!!

tell me what you think and i will go in to massive detail .

**CAPTAIN SMARTASS** - HE KNOWS ALL

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

Yes this theory does blow big time capn

Please explain in more than 100 words how this would work and I want detailed explainations of complete and utta sh1t !

really i think i have changed the induction world with this invention of mine

and remember

if you have a (technical or sexual) problem call

** Captain Smartass **

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

just reading through this

Seriously if you applide this tech to forced induction would it at actually work?

the cyclones could shift much more air

maybe its not such a stupid idea?

any thoughts?

LOL.... I did read in a maxpower or something ages and ages ago about a electric motor thing that blows air up ya induction which increases performance...... Dont think no cyclone will help though as thats for sucking and sucking dirt

yeah but its made to suck dirt and to keep a constant sucking power how ever much dirt ya got..... i would hope my induction wont be picking up air from my carpet lol

You are describing another type of supercharger (by technical definition) similar to a roots type unit.

Sorry, its been done. Ever heard of variable vane geometry? This works using small air cyclones to increase boost pressure.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Really? have you got any diagrams?

does it use a single cyclone or multiple ones?

like VNT technology?

Larger turbos have trouble drawing in air (imagine the energy you would need to draw positive suction on say, a wheely bin, it would be immense) so around the outside of the turbo (or standard rotary supercharger) is an air diffuser ring. This is a plate that has a divergent nozzle effect, there are a large number of these nozzles arranged all the way roundand due to the effect of the rotary compressor, each of these nozzles create a low pressure air cyclone which helps to pull in more air to the compressor, raising the boost pressure and increasing mass flow rate. The air diffuser plate is really simple, it is basically a flat plate with what look like match sticks on it, wide open at one end and close together at the other (hence nozzle).

Variable nozzles simply move in and out to vary the cyclone (on larger units anyway)