ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

e-scooters

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
I’d love an e-scooter but the potential of getting 6 points and having it seized have put me right off.
6 points ? On your e-scooter license ?

What if you don't have a driving license ? Do they call your parents ?

Don't really get the hatred for these things.. I can do 20mph on my bike on the flat with no e-ssistance but that's ok ?

I'm not riding on paths, I don't need a license. No one loses their mind when a bike pedals past. Why are these seen as such demonic things that must be banned ?!

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
6 points ? On your e-scooter license ?

What if you don't have a driving license ? Do they call your parents ?

Don't really get the hatred for these things.. I can do 20mph on my bike on the flat with no e-ssistance but that's ok ?

I'm not riding on paths, I don't need a license. No one loses their mind when a bike pedals past. Why are these seen as such demonic things that must be banned ?!

No, 6 points on your actual real driving license. If you don’t have one they’ll create a driver record for you and endorse it with 6 points (and seize the scooter). Then there’s the matter of a rather large fine

They are mechanically propelled vehicles and therefore under current laws they need insurance to use on a road (a road is defined as including the pavement btw). And before you start going on about e-bikes, they are covered by their own legislation.

Just because Rob off Cliosport says it’s ok
unfortunately doesn’t change the law 😉

And being a police officer I can’t really take the chance of possibly getting stopped by Essex police and copping 6 points.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
No, 6 points on your actual real driving license. If you don’t have one they’ll create a driver record for you and endorse it with 6 points (and seize the scooter). Then there’s the matter of a rather large fine

They are mechanically propelled vehicles and therefore under current laws they need insurance to use on a road (a road is defined as including the pavement btw). And before you start going on about e-bikes, they are covered by their own legislation.

Just because Rob off Cliosport says it’s ok
unfortunately doesn’t change the law 😉

And being a police officer I can’t really take the chance of possibly getting stopped by Essex police and copping 6 points.
Theyve got to catch you first

Not a Diesel!!!

ClioSport Club Member
  LY Meg Cup-S + MX5
I use an old fashioned seal propelled micro scooter with my daughter.

When you hit a tiny stone probably 1 cm in size it is likd going over handle bars on bike.

I have done it a couple of times and landed on my feet but usually jerk my back as I deceleratd so quickly.

And that's probably doing 8 mph.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I'm yet to see a fully grown adult riding one of these yet I've got to be honest. Seen kids about 15 riding about on them and they are surprisingly quick.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
I used to see a woman riding one of these to work and back everyday, absolutely flying up the hills on the way home.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Any new updates on these? If I get a job closer to home I quite fancy one.

I think the update is that most road users now f**king hate the c***s riding them.

I saw some youth on one few weeks back go over someone's bonnet (he pulled out into traffic without even looking), ran back to his scooter and scooted off before the driver even had a chance to get out their car.

Also saw a dad launch some skid off one down our high street, the scooter mongo was weaving through people and nearly clipped his child, said dad just booted the c**t off the scooter, about 5 passers by gave the 'good job' nod.

Just get an ebike. They seem to be far more socially acceptable at the min.

133T
I’d imagine in cities they could be causing havoc with the amount of pure toads out there. For use in the suburbs though, I picture myself gliding on the grey stuff, stopping off for a slice sausage roll, munching as I travel. Looking cool as fcuk. No?

c4pob

ClioSport Club Member
  A terrible one
I think I’ve posted previously. I see them everyday on the cycle to the office when crossing London. Most are restricted to max 15 ish mph, barely anyone using one wears a helmet but some monster ones (they look huge) are easily doing 30mph down the cycle lane.
the hire ones come with indicators (I’ve seen used once), I’ve not seen a private one with indicators, strobing multicoloured under lighting yes, useful indicators no!

Last edited:

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
If anyone’s looking for one with a few extras :LOL:

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
We have 2. Lob them in the boot of the car and take the car for MOT/Bodyshop etc and nip back in the scooter. Saves taking two cars and is much quicker due to traffic.

brilliant things.

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
These were on the programme X-Ray last night. Basically the public should not be using them.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
They're just for fat lazy people surely?

200.gif

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I heard he wets the bed yes

Claims to not like VAG, buys his wife a Golf.
Claims to be sensible, buys two Discoveries.
Claims to be an adult, rides an e-scooter.

Bed wetter for sure.

(PS, im not sure he's claimed any of that)
Not like VAG; correct. Absolute crap.
sensible? Negative ghost rider. Act first think later.
adult? Again, negative. Still laugh at farts and my wife says I’m more immature than the children.

bed wetter yes. But an ex wetter. I think I was about 6/7 the last time I had to do the walk of shame in to my parents room.

HTH.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Not like VAG; correct. Absolute crap.
sensible? Negative ghost rider. Act first think later.
adult? Again, negative. Still laugh at farts and my wife says I’m more immature than the children.

bed wetter yes. But an ex wetter. I think I was about 6/7 the last time I had to do the walk of shame in to my parents room.

HTH.
Thank you Daniel, it has cleared a lot up for me. 😘

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf