ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

E92 M3 DCT - Space Grey

R34 GT-R & 172 Cup
Yup, now F80 M3 is out, e92 will plummet (1 gen old), e46 will stabilise (2 gen's old) and & e36's will start to go up (3rd gen old).

As is always the way with BMW's.

sounds good, looking to buy an E92 in the next few months

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
29mpg is a bit of a departure from 45mpg though....

Compares petrol V8 to diesel, wonders why mpg is much less!? :clown:

I went from an E46 330d to an E39 M5, so similar mpg's to the above, it's costing me a lot more in fuel, but I don't care as it's worth it for dat noise and the performance :race:

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Compares petrol V8 to diesel, wonders why mpg is much less!? :clown:

I went from an E46 330d to an E39 M5, so similar mpg's to the above, it's costing me a lot more in fuel, but I don't care as it's worth it for dat noise and the performance :race:

When you do 30k per annum and pay £1 a litre for diesel, deciding to indulge my car passion is costly.

As Gally said I wouldn't go any faster, it'd all be for noise reasons!

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
When you do 30k per annum and pay £1 a litre for diesel, deciding to indulge my car passion is costly.

As Gally said I wouldn't go any faster, it'd all be for noise reasons!

Fair enough, I only do 10-12k a year on average, so it's not as bad for me, but as good as the 330d was, the M5 is more enjoyable

The Milltek exhaust adds to the enjoyement too :approve:

[video=youtube_share;sL683X-0hDg]http://youtu.be/sL683X-0hDg[/video]

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
Some CSL/competition rims would look handsome on that.

That's my next choice actually, I'm not sure if I should refurb the current set or buy some competition alloys.

unlike most, I think I prefer the standard alloys.

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
I'd kill for 29mpg lol.

Love the motor, what else can you buy for 20k!

Happy sideways

Sitting at a steady 75mph does the modern 63 amg not get near 29mpg?? Just curious as I keep looking at the c63 wagons

PS the m3 looks perfect

Last edited:
  C63 AMG, F430 & 172
I've never reset my clock on mode1 and covered 10,000 miles in 7 months, averaged 17mpg. I've done mixed driving but mostly a commute which includes by passes, motorway etc.

Round town I see 14-17 and worst was 7mpg in standing traffic in Manchester. Don't think I've ever seen more than 27mpg crusing on the m way

zadyzu5u.jpg

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
So 10k has cost me around £3800 plus one set of tyres (£900) and about 5 litre of fuel £70ish

Fooking quick doh

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
That's kinda what I'd expect from a 6.3 I guess but thought it would have the technology to get reasonable mps's on a run but sounds like you've never tried.... Any why would you with that sound!

i even managed 29mpg out of my tvr!