ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Early 4k rattle

Ive heard you all talk about the 4k rattle on numerous occasions, and I think its made me listen out too hard for it!

Mine is on 1k, and it sounds like a pig at idle (hot). If you tap the accelerator and let it rev and derev back to idle, the exhaust makes a rattley/tinney sound as the revs are building and dropping. Sort of sounds similar to when your cat is breaking up inside. Doesnt do it if you are driving normally, but only at idle.

Is this the "4k" rattle or yet another problem I can add to the list when I throw it at Renault to look at. It certainly didnt make this noise when I got it - sounded more whistley and modern at first. Im just confused!

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

mine is exactly the same. 2.6K so far. Its going into Renault in about two weeks to have the front bumper removed, headlight completely changed, glovebox fixed, and wheel, brake and suspension checked on right hand side of car.

Thanks everyone......looks like it is then!

I thought I had a few problems Gaz! - your list is pretty impressive!

So far mine is:

Glovebox doesnt appear mounted properly and rattles around

Passenger seat headrest doesnt sit in flush and rattles around

This 1K exhaust rattle

Knocking over bumps

Brakes squeal like a pig

The ABS, ESP and SERV lights keep randomly coming on (and no, its not when Im braking hard or cornering at 90!)

Recently when using the remote central locking plip, the indicators only seem to flash on the unlock, and not the lock - work that one out!!

Plus a whole host of indeterminable French rattles!!