ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Early bird...

Mk2 ph1 clio
Well i was up at 4:30 this morning to get out with the camera... and it chucked it down 10 minutes after i got out so i had to cal it a day.. for now..
Managed to get a few shots im happy with!
Crashingwaves.jpg

Stmarysrocks.jpg

Stmaryswaves.jpg

I'll see what the weather holds up like and may have some more later! :D

1.8 Civic EX
how did you get the second shot with the misty looking water? I've tried several times but never managed to get something like that...like it:)

Fiat Panda 100hp
I've done this before, getting up at silly hours in seach of a good photo. I ended up driving around for 3 hrs with nothing to show for it :( Best to have a subject in mind lol.

Nice shots btw, like the first one, shows how powerful the seas are.

FF RB 182
lol, i know that much!

it's just every time i try it never comes out like the one in this thread..(and yes I know I also need a tripod for slow shutter speeds lol)

Could always look at the EXIF data on his flickr account and see what shutter speeds they were taken at.

EDIT: No you can't, he doesn't have it set to show photo data.

Last edited:

Ian

Focus TDCi
Love these shots, they've come out really well!

Rhino/Soph, Get the exif reader plugin for Firefox, works wonders (most of the time).

Ian

Focus TDCi
More fool you :p Might be available for the lesser browsers (;)) as well, I'm not sure. Tells you all the EXIF data though, does come in really handy.

Ian

Focus TDCi
Right click -> View Exif Data -> Et voila. :) Asking would be the polite way to go about it though! Wish I lived close to the shore, would love to have scenery like this.

Mk2 ph1 clio
Ok im really pleased with all of the photos i took earlier with the grads and can't wait to get back out there and use them properly!

Straight out the camera, border added + text thats all.

StmarysblueskiesResized.jpg

Stmaryswarmresized.jpg

:approve:

Ian

Focus TDCi
Grads as in gradient filters? *Runs off to check Amazon* lol. :) Really like this set, they remind me of stuff by this guy a bit.

Mk2 ph1 clio
Yep! Cokin filters, i was missing the holder for the front of the lens but i just handheld them in so im expecting better results when i use them properly.

His photos are awesome.. thats grads at work! Look at the photos with the guy sitting on the fence! you can see the yellow grad slowly fading out.

Ian

Focus TDCi
Erghhh so much stuff to buy! Definitely on the list though now. Get your holder found, I wanna see you hit Explore with these. ;)

Mk2 ph1 clio
i know where it is! just forgot it! My dad was given an old film camera, with flashgun, light metre, 500mm lens, pancake lens and several filters.. including 6 grads .. which i've now borrowed! lol