ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

earning the badge

the new 182 has come out and its a nice car not so keen on the exhausts. but people who have bought them say its got a cup pack on and am buying a 182 with a cup pack at the end of the day it aint a cup sport as it aint got the badge nore does it have the stripped out feel of the cup sport as in the thinner windows all round the car the loss of the spare wheel no air con the fabric seats etc the car the clio 172 cup sport seems to me to be a total different car to the 182 its more of a drivers car have had a lad out in mine who has been in a 182 with cup pack on and described my car as in total madness to the 182 with cup pack on had him say has this had something done to it but its standard fair enough ya can put the cup sport packs on them but they just aint a cup at the end of the day as there not a prepped car. theres only 1 cup sport and thats the one with the badge on hope not to upset any of you 182 owners or buyers cheers

VaVa

Prepped? Explain??. Using full stops and paragraphs if you can! lol!

Oh and most of the Cups never came with the badge... gotta love renault.

Quote: Originally posted by andycup on 01 September 2004

the new 182 has come out and its a nice car not so keen on the exhausts. but people who have bought them say its got a cup pack on and am buying a 182 with a cup pack at the end of the day it aint a cup sport as it aint got the badge nore does it have the stripped out feel of the cup sport as in the thinner windows all round the car the loss of the spare wheel no air con the fabric seats etc the car the clio 172 cup sport seems to me to be a total different car to the 182 its more of a drivers car have had a lad out in mine who has been in a 182 with cup pack on and described my car as in total madness to the 182 with cup pack on had him say has this had something done to it but its standard fair enough ya can put the cup sport packs on them but they just aint a cup at the end of the day as there not a prepped car. theres only 1 cup sport and thats the one with the badge on hope not to upset any of you 182 owners or buyers cheers
PMSL. Has that been burning away inside you for some time? Nice outburst.

The new 182 has arrived and its a nice car, not so keen on the exhausts.
But people who have bought them say its got a cup pack on and am buying a 182 with a cup pack.
At the end of the day it is not a cup sport as it has not got the badge, nor does it have the stripped out feel of the cup sport. As in the thinner windows all round the car, the loss of the spare wheel, no air con, the fabric seats etc. The car, the clio 172 cup sport seems to me to be a total different car to the 182. Its more of a drivers car.

Have had a lad out in mine who has been in a 182 with cup pack on and described my car as in total madness to the 182 with cup pack on. He thought that my 182 had been modified , but its standard.

Fair enough you can put the cup sport packs on them, but that doesnt make them a cup at the end of the day as they are not a prepped car.

Theres only one cup sport and thats the one with the badge on.

Hope not to upset any of you 182 owners or buyers cheers

I have done my best, I still dont quite understand ;)

Having probs uploading a pic identical to my car. The car is in a topic on silver clio cup sports. Reg is j9 cup. Only 50 built from what i have recently heard from a renault dealer heard 70 but apparently its 50. Also that badge on ya blue clio is pants cars nice but honestly its a clio 182 with cup suspension nowt else no weight reduction not limited editon or nothing like the blue and silver 172 cups. Until they do release a stripped out 182 with badges that r meant to be there leave the badges in the packets fakers:cry:

the new 182 has come out and its a nice car. Not so keen on the exhausts. People who have bought them say its got a cup pack on and are buying a 182 with a cup pack. At the end of the day it aint a cup sport as it aint got the badge. Nore does it have the stripped out feel of the cup sport as in the thinner windows all round the car, the loss of the spare wheel, no air con, the fabric seats etc. The car (the clio 172 cup sport) seems to me to be a total different car to the 182. Its more of a drivers car. I have had a lad out in mine who has been in a 182 with cup pack on and described my car as in total madness to the 182 with cup pack on had him say "has this had something done to it" But its standard. Fair enough, ya can put the cup sport packs on them but they just aint a cup at the end of the day as there not a prepped car. Theres only 1 cup sport and thats the one with the badge on. Hope not to upset any of you 182 owners or buyers. Cheers
Ihaveattemptedtocorrectsomeoftheerrors. ;)

Titanium Clio 182

The cup is the cheap version with sh*t seats in the back, no aircon. The 182 is 10x better than it. And it has all the gadgets you could dream of, speed limiter, air con, climate control, ESP, Cruise Control, Auto Wipers, Auto Lights and a cup pack.

7.6cc :D

its a clio 182 with cup suspension nowt else no weight reduction not limited editon or nothing like the blue and silver 172 cups. Until they do release a stripped out 182 with badges that r meant to be there leave the badges in the packets fakers
hehe limited to 350 trillian. (in Birmingham alone) :p excluding silver ones.

172, Tiguan

Having probs uploading a pic identical to my car. The car is in a topic on silver clio cup sports. Reg is j9 cup. Only 50 built from what i have recently heard from a renault dealer heard 70 but apparently its 50. Also that badge on ya blue clio is pants cars nice but honestly its a clio 182 with cup suspension nowt else no weight reduction not limited editon or nothing like the blue and silver 172 cups. Until they do release a stripped out 182 with badges that r meant to be there leave the badges in the packets fakers:cry:

Thatll be my car then.

172, Tiguan

Quote: Originally posted by mcyates on 01 September 2004

The cup is the cheap version with sh*t seats in the back, no aircon. The 182 is 10x better than it. And it has all the gadgets you could dream of, speed limiter, air con, climate control, ESP, Cruise Control, Auto Wipers, Auto Lights and a cup pack.

Did you go to the same school as Andycup? Because not only is your opinion wrong, but factuly you are as well!

Ang

Pink/Blue 182

have never said my car is was a cup.....(excuse the plate..:oops:).....just pleased that i can have the uprated suspension ....and if Renault want to call the additions cup packs thats up to them........if they were called something else then us 182 owners would refer to them as so............Its just an expression when we say we have a cupped 182 or a 182 with cup-suspension or cup-spoiler....

dont take offence mate......we are just lazy and dont want to type too much !

dk

911 GTS Cab

er, you arent going to like the new 182 Cup thats been announced then as that is exactly the same as a 182 (same handling packs) but with all the toys stripped out and also HAS CUP BADGES!!!!!!!! Oh no, how will you cope.......;)

VaVa

lol @ this thread. Im willing to bet that there wont be many more 182s made than there were Cups.

New model Clio out early next year - Renault wont build the New model Clio at the same time as the old one. So that means that the 182 will have been in production for a year. Which is roughly the same time as the Cup..... Which doesnt make either limited edition, just limited production - the amount produced was based solely on demand not on a specific number.....

VaVa

Quote: Originally posted by jon_r on 01 September 2004

Quote: Originally posted by mcyates on 01 September 2004

Did you go to the same school as Andycup? Because not only is your opinion wrong, but factuly you are as well!
lol.... yeah there are sh*t seats in the front of the Cup too ya know!!!:p

lol love to see peoples rections to what ya put up on here and its crazy. but blue renault with the cup badge on ya car looks and ive seen them and there well smart bar the exhausts but thats peoples opinions look audi tt ish. what am saying is that a 172 cup is cult figure car and take some clio 182 to follow in its steps.:D

What is the definition of a cult car ? I wouldve guessed it at least has to be an older car with a number of hardcore enthusiasts (williams?) The 172 Cup surely cant be old enough to be cult

GW Clio 200

It would be easier to break the Enigma code than to try to translate this mumbo jumbo into something that vaguely resembles the English language.

The 172/172 Cup/ 182/ 182 Cup debate, lost its appeal a long time ago. I suggest you find another topic to write about, but before you do. Try to use a program such as "Word" that will aid your use of grammar.

dk

911 GTS Cab

andycup, r u for real, you remind me of others who talk in riddles, takes me ages to work out what you are saying, r u sure you are even old enough to drive?

doh, too slow, hadnt seen your post extreme.

[Edited by dave182 on 02 September 2004 at 9:50am]