ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Easiest Way To Change Side Lights

Titanium Clio 182
I am going to change my sidelights today and put in the Philips Blue Vision ones. I had a quick try today but failed, its really in an awkward position and i think I need some pliers. Am i right in saying they twist off, twist and pull and they should come free?

Thanks in advance.

This is for a Clio 182.

Titanium Clio 182
I've done one side, the passengers side and that was very hard. Why do they put them in the worst position. I cannot access the drivers side due to the air con pipes. I dont know who to take the whole light assembly out. I unscrewed to top screw on the assembly and tried to pull it out but it wouldn't move.

WHY IS IT SO HARD!!!

Octy vRS & Ninja 650
The bulb and holder just pulls out.
I tried and cut all my hands up, but then went and got my girlfriend to do it, and her little hands did it in under 30 seconds lol

Octy vRS & Ninja 650
Not really no, they can and will twist, but they are just a push fit.
I did try using pliers, but they are very delicate, and I wouldnt recommend it.
Best thing to do is ask a woman or small child to do it!

Titanium Clio 182
Thank You.

Took me 5 min to do lol. I was doing it dangerously though pulling on the wires to get it out. But it paid off. The bluevision lights still look yellow but not as yellow as the previous ones. I think I will upgrade to some LED ones within a few months.

Octy vRS & Ninja 650
^ same as what I did, bought LEDs after a while. But now one's gone, so ive got a normal bulb on one side, and a Led on the other, looks pretty odd at night!

Titanium Clio 182
which LED light did you get and where did you get them from, have you got any pics. Would be good to see a pic now, as you have one normal sidelight bulb and one LED.

PLEASE PLEASE post a pic.

Thanks again

If you think changing the sidelight bulbs is hard, you should try changing the headlight bulbs in the non-xenon lamps...

Octy vRS & Ninja 650
which LED light did you get and where did you get them from, have you got any pics. Would be good to see a pic now, as you have one normal sidelight bulb and one LED.

PLEASE PLEASE post a pic.

Thanks again

i would do, if I had my car, but being as Renault didn't get round to looking at it last week (in for more warrent work) I'm currently car-less.
As soon as i get it back, i'll put a pic up.

If you think changing the sidelight bulbs is hard, you should try changing the headlight bulbs in the non-xenon lamps...

I've done that on my old clio, broke the end off the first bulb I tried!

Octy vRS & Ninja 650
Got a pic of the LED's in my old dynamique though:

PICT1076Medium.gif

They were :

5wledw.gif

From http://www.performancebulbs.co.uk/

Octy vRS & Ninja 650
Not particularly, esp when the xenons come on... In actual fact, with my car having 1 blue vision i, and 1 LED, the bluevision, aside from looking yellow, seems brighter.

LY V6 with Recaros
Ha, I changed my sidelight bulbs at the weekend! Passenger side wasn't a problem, but took me AGES to do the drivers side one, even with my tiny hands it was almost impossible!

Look much better now they match my xenons, instead of being nasty yellow :)