ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Easy Excel Question!

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Hello - Quick one!

I have a sheet which contains a lot of text in each seperate cell.

I want to know if there is a quick way to resize the cells to a reasonable size, without double clicking between the column/row everytime (there is a lot of data).

Luke!:star:

PS i've used google but don't really know what its called i'm looking for!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I've never used excel before but have already found how to do it in 2007.... lol!

Is that what you're using?

EDIT: Maybe I haven't as it doesnt seem to work, but I'll keep looking now... lol

EDIT: Maybe I have...

click in the top left cell (above row 1, and beside column A)

This will highlight the whole sheet. Then double click at the end of column A and it will space out each column to match the text

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Oh, on 2007 you click the column name "A" at the top then hold shift and select down to your last column you want to change (say "D"), then right click this selection and there is an option "column width" change this to whatever and they all change.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
click in the top left cell (above row 1, and beside column A)

This will highlight the whole sheet. Then double click at the end of column A and it will space out each column to match the text
Works :D

Still have to piss about with it though, but saves me a bit of work at least.

Thanks!

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
In what way mate?

Say i've got i dunno, 200 charicters in a cell.

If I do what you have said it makes the Cell 200 characters wide (so proper massive).

I just need to play with the widths on a few of them thuogh so its not overly annoying!

rather than writing the full amount ''right click -> add comment'' and insert what ever you need to, i use this method when ever i need to insert multiple reference numbers.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
rather than writing the full amount ''right click -> add comment'' and insert what ever you need to, i use this method when ever i need to insert multiple reference numbers.
Needs to be in the body mate as I need to be able to use the filter function to view/cross reference.

Basically it's easier for it to be in the sheet rather than in a note lol

You can also wrap the text in a cell.

select the cell. right click
Format Cells
Click on the 'Alignment tab'
tick the 'Wrap Text box'

This will layer the text on multiple lines depending on how large you need the column width to be.

You may need to increase the row height though to see all the text.

Citroen DS3 White
Highlight the colums you want to resize and double click between any two of the highlighted columns when you the the left-right arrow.

Column widths are in pixels.