ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ECOTEK FOR CUP AND MPG

HI GUYS

CAN YOU GET AN ECOTEK FOR A CUP PLUS WHAT IS EVERYONE GETTING OUT OF THE CAR MPG AND A FULL TANK

CHEERS

Ecoteks are standard fitting, but I wouldnt recommend spoiling your Cup by putting one on. To save fuel, drive under 3000rpm!

Oh yes, any chance of not always using CAPITAL LETTERS all the time? Its the typing equivelant of SHOUTING! ;)

Rhys

sh*t RHYS SORRY MATE JUST THOUGHT IT WOULD MAKE ME STAND OUT A BIT.....taken off as we speak!!!! are you gonna get a cup/172 again mate?

Cheers...you "sound" more normal now. I might well be tempted by a 172 or a Cup again, but Im extremely happy with the Williams at the moment. Will probably wait until I can afford to run a 172 along side the Willy.

Rhys

MPG from my Cup is between 35 & 36 mpg running on superplus.

Costs me less to run than my old 1.6 16v megane coupe on unleaded.

Im getting about 38 on avg on mine but I do my fair share of Motorway miles! Shame I never get chance to open her up much! No doubt the mpg will go down over the magic 4250rpm mark!

Cup owners know what I mean! Sweet Sweet Music!;)

Ryhs are you still in Walkley? The g/f moved to Eccy Rd so Im parked down there now! Will have to meet up! ;)

abbs - no, Ive moved down to Hillsborough. Living right opposite Hillsborough park and very near the stadium. Perfect for laughing at pissed off Wednesday fans as they walk past after losing. :D How about a drive over to Donny to let Craggy have a pop at a Cup?!

Rhys

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

30-32 mpg, but I do a lot of city driving, my average speed on the trip computer is normally below 15mph :cry:

so as you can imagine when I get the chance I open up the throttle

Here are some posts to put you off:

--

Look guys, you are all beginning to fall into the "its better for your car" category due to the fact you feel its better for your car because its running leaner and giving you the feeling its running better.... The fact is that if your car runs leaner its more prone to det, det kills your engine, engines cost 5k+, so whats better, 8-10k miles worth of what you thing is better running or a new engine? simple fact is a new engine is more expensive.... point taken yet?? Fooling the ECU is BAD for your engine, the ecotec does exactly this! ie will knock thousands of miles off your engine What you think is good isnt actually good so take that crap off your car and let it do what it was suppose to do, run with the ECU Tony

--

follow this thread it explains it all http://www.scoobynet.co.uk/bbs/thread.asp?threadid=127957 If you dont want to follow it, it basically says it sucks big time! Tony

--

last one for now, it gets better.. the official test results were done by a company that no longer exists or can be contacted (Very convenient) and a service manager at Evans Halshaw garage... it is interesting to note that Evans Halshaw are NOT fitting the devices to customers cars.. or recommending such.. the thot plickens.... I will drop a line to Evans Halshaw PLC, the parent company .. on monday, also to the DTI and Warren Labs parent company.. it wil be interesting to see if they KNOW of the tests, and SUPPORT the claims on the ecotek website.. Joe..

--

Hope this helps,

-Rob

Clio 197

Rob,

Good to see that the Captains contributions to the Ecotek debate are still recognised.

I cannot believe that Ecotek can actually sell their product legally. I also wonder about Pipercross supplying them with the filter element.

Ed

I had an Ecotek fitted to my old 1.4 16v Clio and at first it did seem like the car ran that bit better, but the annoying sucking noise never died down, filtering it was of no use and it does all seem a bit half baked. As I mentioned before, if you want to save money on petrol, drive your cars more gently....it will make far more of a difference than an Ecotek and theres no risk of prematurely killing your engine :)

Rhys