ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ECP & GSF Steering rack

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
Need a new steering rack for my cup,going to give renault a ring during the week & see what price they give me,but has anyone used/fitted one from ECP or GSF??..i dont need tie rods or ends.

Clio 172 Merc ML55
Can't comment on GSF but I'd avoid Euro, never had one for a clio but my best mates bora daily blew the original rack a couple of years ago. Think he was onto his 4th 're conditioned' item from Euro in less than 6 months when we decided to just get a 2nd hand original replacement. The last rack from Euro was leaking before the car was even off his driveway.

Clio 172 Merc ML55
Have you tried western power steering? They're based in Weston-Super-Mare but I'm pretty sure they post. I had some electric power steering bits from them years ago and it was spot on, might be worth a try

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
GSF rack would come with 2 year warranty. The racks are reconed by Elstock (German company with factory in Belgium and other countries) there good quality.
I work for GSF and have alternator and starter fitted to my cup which have been spot on (Elstock ones also) but......

I doubt any after market supplier would supply one for a Cup model being shorter ratio.
Inner tie rods are hard enough to get hold of correctly.
If you like I could check tomo for ya

Akay

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman Cooper S
All sport racks are the same, 2.75 turns.

Id go for epas, it makes it a lot easier to swap the racks in future.

dan's cast offs.
would be surprised if anyone has fitted one from euro/gsf as very very rare for rack itself to fail.

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
Ah ok i see,ive had mine checked out & it has gone.ive fitted new tie rods & ends,also poly bushes to the rack only option left is that rack its self,might be better to get a second hand one in good condition.