ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ECU mapping

Clio 182 with cup kits
Wanted to start this thread to get peoples opinions about the remap they've had done to their car. What the best remap is through peoples experience? I think it's a given that you don't get much more power and that it's only worth it if you have the basic mods like, exhaust, air filter and matched inlets. I have these done on my car and a K-tech remap. It definately think that the mid range torque improved but i had all my mods done at the same time so it's difficult for me to say if any one mod made a big difference.
Anyway Thoughts.......

williams and trophy
chip wizards....wouldnt trust anyone else tbh....and after seeing the charged 1s map i def wouldnt be going anywhere near the person that mapped that....not even for a bet.

GT3

Vts
chip wizards....wouldnt trust anyone else tbh....and after seeing the charged 1s map i def wouldnt be going anywhere near the person that mapped that....not even for a bet.

My chipwizards ecu cocked up on my Saxo VTS 3 weeks after being mapped (car was fine for 8 years previous to this). I sent it back to them for full investigation, pestered them a bit to no avail. I ended up buying another standard ecu, removing my cams and selling up I was so pissed off with seeing the car sat on my drive doing nothing. They still have my ecu to this day from 3 years ago, I just gave up and lost interest in the car after that.

I wouldnt go back to them because of this even though the map was great when it worked - very smooth and 155bhp.

williams and trophy
doesnt sound like wayne at all that. hes always been nothing but extremely helpful and responsive with me. iv been there with a couple of members on here and theyd agree with me completely. although i must admit, actually getting hold of him the first time i went to him was a bit of a mare. phonecalls to him get ignored quite a bit when hes on the rollers...for obvious reasons lol but he does use his answering machine.

GT3

Vts
doesnt sound like wayne at all that. hes always been nothing but extremely helpful and responsive with me. iv been there with a couple of members on here and theyd agree with me completely. although i must admit, actually getting hold of him the first time i went to him was a bit of a mare. phonecalls to him get ignored quite a bit when hes on the rollers...for obvious reasons lol but he does use his answering machine.

Yeah Wayne Schofield that's his name I remember now. To be fair every time I spoke to him he was helpful and promised to get it sorted I just think he took on more work than he could manage as I could never get hold of him. And end of the day I didn't have the time to chase him up for something that shouldn't have happened in the first place. Was definitely the ecu as when I got another standard one on the car worked fine apart from the dodgy idle from the high lift cams.

Trophy #240/R33 GTST
My car is completely standard and i did a fastchip map using the RStuner. As people say not massive extra power at the top end but definatly more lower down torque and revs really smooth and hard. Was quite impressed! I got my rs tuner and lisence for 150 quid and can still sell the tuner later for somethig bad. So quite cheap i think.