ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ecu problem ... i believe

clio sport 182
hello ... its a ford problem tho i no its a clio forum but any help would be very grateful.

car - 07plate (2007) fiesta zetec s diesel .. with a AMD remap.

i simply turned my car off and locked it .. for some reason the fan or something stayed on so i reopened the car and went to start it and the car wouldnt start .. windows worked, radio etc etc so not battery.

i called the AA out and they tried fuses .. battery .. everything possible and they said it was something to do with the ecu and the car has immobilised itself therefore not letting any key start it even the master key.

thought would just ask and see if anyone knew what it could be or a simple solution?

i no its a ford and everyone will be like simply dont buy a ford lol having owned a cliosport 182 before i am pretty annoyed i switched right now but any help would be great as have had alot of help off people on here before.

many thanks

aaron

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Sounds like a potential wiring/earth problem to me. I'm not trashing the AA's diagnosis as they've seen the car and I haven't but the fan being on and no ECM response suggests an infrastructure fault.

Mick

clio sport 182
many thanks mick .. expensive solution?? no keys r working at all and light on middle of the dash is flashing which is meant 2 mean cars immobilised itself :S

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
It will be impossible to say i'm afraid without seeing the car - I doubt its the ECM though and am certain it'll be a wiring fault/bad earth

clio sport 182
sucks pretty bad ... internal fault in the ecu .. got 3 garages opinion and all same thing :( new ecu going in and reloading my remap onto it, will be okay but the bill for £534 wont be to great :( .. fords for ya !!!

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Damn, that is bad news. I've only ever seen a re-flashed ECM fail once before and that was on a Megane 16v as the idiot tripped the anit-tamper.

Have you got any come back from the people that updated the map for you?

clio sport 182
hello people .... fords wouldnt of touched the car as its 07 reg so 4 years old they would have nothing 2 do with it if its mapped or not .. if it was within 3 years bet they would still try getting outa it.

anyway .. replaced the cars ecu .. fully programmed and redone etc .. still the same problem .. 2 weeks later and still no car .. i think it may be a cluster but i aint to sure ....... any idea what else it could be people???

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
I thought that initially before the original ECM was scrapped... Its very hard to kill a modern ECM with all the built in circuitry protection unless you use fire/water/stupidity with a laptop.

It really needs looking at by someone electrically minded IMO rather than someone that can plug in a code reader and check the fuses. Where are you based Shep?

Mick