ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ECU Remap - worth it?

182 Bean
Hi all,

Currently got a Ph1 172. Was wonderng if its worth doing a ecu remap?
What would the main factors be? Better idle? smoother acceleration?

Pros? Cons?

Thanks in advanced,

Jan

LY R26 #288
Your best bet is to get an rs Tuner and use the map from that.

Better cold start, no backfiring and holding back.

More mid range punch.

Smooths out lumpy idle.

And I think it improves fuel economy.

Its worth it just for that.

Edit. Just realised you have a ph1. Not sure weather you can use it on that.

260% JCW
RsTuner, better idle and smoother performance. Best £150 i've spent on the Clio.

Keep and eye out in the for sale section.

Trophy #240/R33 GTST
An RS Tuner by Fastchip and remap with one of his generic performance cals well worth it. The RS Tuner is an incredibly powerful piece of kit and you get a remap.
The remap itself will not seem huge top ends gain (maybe very minimal!) but more low down torque, better idle etc. If you are buyer an RS Tuner i would say well worth it. But if you have no other major mods money could be better spent on track days etc!

Trophy #240/R33 GTST
wow there were no replys when i typed that! I think you have your answer ;)

182 Bean
i'm cnfused when it comes to buying one. All the options such as:
Version:​

VIN VF1:​

Module:​

Accessories:​

Cant seem to find the ph1 option? or is it clio 2?

Helpppp :(

LY R26 #288
Thats a bummer. Check your vin number and see if there is any calibration files for your vin number. I think it's only the first four digits of the vin you need.

GW 200 Gone :( BG182
Yea I saw it was listed but didn't know if it was just for fault finding and not mapping :)

CBR1000RR Fireblade
I had a look at these on henks website the other night. It came out quite expensive though at about £200 ish for dome reason.

Can someone tell me what I need to map my 182?

Obviously the RS Tuner unit it's self, but what else?

CBR1000RR Fireblade
I have had another look on fast chip and the basic RS tuner unit comes in at £240!

That's dear for a generic map.

GW 200 Gone :( BG182
I have had another look on fast chip and the basic RS tuner unit comes in at £240!

That's dear for a generic map.

Best to get one second hand mate, you'll need the rs tuner, a licence 55 euros, and the map which when I did it was free but can be 2 euros, then once you've done it flog it on, works out cheap then :)

CBR1000RR Fireblade
I was considering keeping it tbh. The wife is selling her VTR and getting a DCI so I could map that with it too.

Black Gold Trophy
I personally think the RS tuner works as a brilliant diagnostic tool alone, the "live data" function has saved me so much time when finding faults on Renaults

I'm running Henk's latest 8200_7804 map and I'm very pleased with the results

Yozz'd up 182
Its more expensive now than it used to be i think.

Cost of the rs tuner + £90 which is for the map and the unlock licence.

So can be around £230 from what the new ones are selling for on here.

Clio 200 Cup packed
is the rs tuner map a generic one?

would adding an panel filter and decat make any difference?

cheers