ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ECU removal help!

106GTI / NovaC20LET
Hi, how would i go about removing the ecu from a 172? obviously got to undo all the bolts etc, but looks alot harder than i imagined it would be, any advice, or guides or just general information on the best way to appraoch it would be very much appreciated! I really dont fancy damaging it or damaging the wires.

cheers :)

330i. E30 Touring.
I could show you in a second, but explaining it, is a cnut of a job.

Essentially, you need to remove the fixings. It's held into the metal cradle (which is two parts). Remove the two nuts you can see. Then use a screwdriver to prise the two metal parts of the holder apart, and remove the other two nuts. Oh, and the loom is held in by one of those dodgy clips that separate the ECU and loom as you slide it out..

106GTI / NovaC20LET
I could show you in a second, but explaining it, is a cnut of a job.

Essentially, you need to remove the fixings. It's held into the metal cradle (which is two parts). Remove the two nuts you can see. Then use a screwdriver to prise the two metal parts of the holder apart, and remove the other two nuts. Oh, and the loom is held in by one of those dodgy clips that separate the ECU and loom as you slide it out..

cheers for reply mate. do i need to remove the battery to get at any of the bolts?
does the top of the black metal cradle just pry away and lift off then?

Megane dci 130
Good luck, some of the metal cages are stuck fast.

The top metal part will slide upwards to reveal the connector.

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
I was looking at mine last night. removed two of the nuts and need to use a screwdriver to price the metal cover away to gain access to the other 2 nuts !