ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ECU Reset

99 V Reg Clio
Hi I posted yesterday about my immobiliser on a V reg 1999 Clio. Someone suggested resetting the ECU how do i do this? DO i have to take it to a renault garage? Or should i just get a new key?

99 V Reg Clio
i guess its not that then as i have already diconnected the battery once for 30 mins. any other ideas whay my car fails 2 start? when i turn it over the immobiliser light goes out but it dosent start. sometimes it does but never first time. sometimes takes half an hour sometimes 2 mins. anyone got any ideas??

99 V Reg Clio
I thought that first off so replaced battery and a mechanic friend has checked the alternator which he says is fine. he is stumped to what it is

sophiesdad

ClioSport Club Member
  anything i get
tdc sensor sounds like , if it cranks over fine but doesnt fire , thats a common problem.

99 V Reg Clio
where is that located and how much would it cost to replace? is it an easy job i could do myself? if so where do i get one from?

Monaco 172
where the gearbox joins the engine, its mounting on a banana shaped mount and has a black cylinder attached to it. 2 10mm bolts. might need to remove the airbox. easy to do