ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

EDC & Time attack - knockhill this sunday

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
lookout for a blue scoobyclinic suburu with pink bits, its my mates car.

Clio 172 Cup
I managed a 64.7 lap in the damp on part worn 888's, think I could have went a bit quicker but came in and realised I sheared a wheel nut on the front driver side unfortunately. Felt a bit dodgy only with the three so didn't want to really push it after that.

Pretty happy overall considering it's only my 6th time out at knockhill.

172 cup, Impreza P1
Well done mate!

What spec is your car and what safety mods do you have. I'm thinking about going for a blast next year but want to know what I have to do to get it ready.

Clio 172 Cup
Well done mate!

What spec is your car and what safety mods do you have. I'm thinking about going for a blast next year but want to know what I have to do to get it ready.

Thanks!

The spec is just Bilstein coilovers, stripped interior, polycarb windows, Ast top mounts, camber bolts running 2 and 3/4 degrees and some rear shims, full oreca group N system and an itg Panel filter. Some recaro pro-fi seats and 6 point harness's. Nothing amazing but certainly does the job!

Safety wise i have a 6-point safety devices cage, battery cut off's, you also need a minimum of 1.75ltr Foam extinguisher and thats about it! In club class you don't even need to run a cage if you don't want to.

If you enter you will be mega competitive with the turbo in Club FWD, definately worth a shout if you ask me. I had a blast and i am definately going to do more this year and maybe even a season next year depending on finances.

Renault Sport 172
Sorry to hijack the thread, but i got round in 58 seconds! Ok ..........that was on a bike though! ..............Was my first ever track session though!

Clio 172 Cup
Sorry to hijack the thread, but i got round in 58 seconds! Ok ..........that was on a bike though! ..............Was my first ever track session though!

Yeah that's a bike not a car, the clio cup race cars of last managed a 57. pretty good going for a FWD car with 200bhp.

172 cup, Impreza P1
Thanks!

The spec is just Bilstein coilovers, stripped interior, polycarb windows, Ast top mounts, camber bolts running 2 and 3/4 degrees and some rear shims, full oreca group N system and an itg Panel filter. Some recaro pro-fi seats and 6 point harness's. Nothing amazing but certainly does the job!

Safety wise i have a 6-point safety devices cage, battery cut off's, you also need a minimum of 1.75ltr Foam extinguisher and thats about it! In club class you don't even need to run a cage if you don't want to.

If you enter you will be mega competitive with the turbo in Club FWD, definately worth a shout if you ask me. I had a blast and i am
definately going to do more this year and maybe even a season next year depending on finances.

Sounds a good spec!

Do the seats and harnesses need to be in date?

Think I'll give it a go for sure.

Clio 172 Cup
Sounds a good spec!

Do the seats and harnesses need to be in date?

Think I'll give it a go for sure.

Yeah the seats etc need to be in date. Also you need an in date, suite, gloves boots and helmet.

Definately worth it in my opinion.