ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Eibach Pro kit, Sportlines or Cooksport Springs?

I’m considering changing the springs on my FF182 to one of the above options. I’d ideally like a slight drop with a slightly firmer ride but nothing that will be too harsh around town or on rough B roads. I’ll be replacing the front shocks at the same time to compliment the new setup.

Initially I’m drawn to the Pro Kit springs because I’ve read that they are offer a supply yet firm ride with a slight drop. However I prefer the stance with Sportlines and by all accounts they are not much firmer than the Pro kit. And then there is the Cooksports which I’ve read can be harsh on the road but again sit the car nicely.

Can anybody offer any opinions on the springs and suggest what might be best for me?

Thanks in advance.

monaco 172
Can't fault my sportlines.

Prolines look too OEM ride height I think, not a noticeable drop

H&R kit also has a good stance

I have sportlines and they really improved the drop over the standard 172 cup suspension. I have noticed a definite improvement in handling and only marginally worse ride quality. It's still comfortable enough for most roads though.

No they're not crashy. They don't feel much different except a bit firmer over speedbumps and the like. I drive over very bumpy b roads every day and it's not uncomfortable