ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

eibach sportline springs

Has anyone had these fitted and whats the ride quality like ,they drop the car by 50mm have heard good things about the pro kit ones thanks

Ste

Ive got the sportlines fiitred to my MK 1 172 (30mm actual drop, lowered 20mm as standard), along with Koni adjustable dampers. Cant say what the springs are like with the standard dampers, but on the softest setting with the Koni dampers it tightened everything up bodyroll was reduced by a fair bit, just inspired alot more confidence.

Ive wound the dampers up to 60% stiffness, handling is now superb if abit hard, but Ive set it up for the track not the road. Anyway see the photo below after fitting everything.

To be honest the stiffer you have it, the more you need a limited slip differential.

http://www.clio172.com/images/after_lowering.jpg

<A target=_blank href= "http://www.clio172.comwww.clio172.com

Thats my target, Koni & Eibach. I have it on my 106 GTI a handling was great. A little trick is that if you have stiffer suspension you can remove front anti roll bar, bodyroll is same because the springs are stiffer and the inner wheel will spinn bit less. Proven in racing.

Ummmmmm this is doing my head in demon tweeks told me that id be better of with shortened dampers thing is they dont have any for my car they then said youd get away with the standered ones??? do you think that it would be alright or should i go with a smaller drop 30mm really wanted the 50 mm drop but dont want turd ride quality or should i throw a bag over it and get the apex 40mm kit had the gmax 35mm on my old one and they where alright thought the eibachs would be better!!!!

Ste

Ad

MK2 FRS

I like the 40mm Apex1.2/1.4/1.6. Nice balance between low looks and and good handling. My mate had G max on his extreme and the difference between the two was noticeable. The Apex were much better quality and also the ride and handling was better.