ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Eibach Sportlines

i just recieved my eibach sportlines this morning, on the box it says approx 50mm lower

i thot sportlines would drop it 30mm?

ValverInBits
eh, 50mm is not right. they should be 30. Never had a set myself yet (although planning on it).

Owen

ClioSport Admin
Yer, ignore what is says on the box....

They lowered my non-cup packed 182 about 30mm ish. Deffo nowhere near 50mm!

Static Low
How can they drop a non sport 50mm and a sport 30mm ??
Is it because a standard non sport already sits higher than a sport ?

Focus RS Mk1
me and a mate both have clio ff 172, he has sportlines, mines has prolines, mine is higher than his but a decent margin.

so defo a difference :)

Static Low
Im unsure of wether to buy these.
Supposedly im going to get a 50mm drop because its not a renault sport model, but how can i trust this ?

ValverInBits
ideally I want a -35mm from eibach, not the apex -40mm or the claimed "30mm" sportlines. Im going for sportlines tho

Static Low
i dont want to make the wrong one though. haha.
if anyone has a non sport model lowered on a set of these, id love to see them. I want a 60 drop but the guy at the garage says NO CHANCE on standard shocks and that il scrape things like sppedbumps.

Clio Sport 2.0 16v
I had Eibach pro's fitted under my 172. They gave me no drop in hight at all! The RS or Cup versions are already factory lowered by default. I had Apex fitted under my previous 1.6 (1999) and was pleased with them, so I also went for Apex for my 172 (2002). Apex has a special spring set for the 2.0 RS. To get a little more drop with Eibach, the Sport lines are often used. However you will never reach the same drop as with Apex. For a drop of 1 cm with Eibach springs I would stick to the original ones. To lower the RS Apex is the first choice. They give you a real additional drop of 25mm on top of the factory 20mm drop.