ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Eibach springs advice

Clio 182
HI All,

I am looking at doing a suspension mod to my clio 182, I am still a little confused if the sportline will offer any better handling or if they are just stiffer and lower than the pro's? I was thinking of getting a set of the powerflex poly bushes to go with the springs, as the standard ones seem to be sh*te, anoyne used these and are they worth the £110?

Ive done some searching on the forum and the prolines seem to be what people have used and they seem to be well liked, sadly I dont have the money for a full H and R coilover kit :(

Any comments/suggestions welcomed (sensible please)

Fred I was looking at your site it would appear u have everything that I need?

Rich

Forget the bshes they are a waste of time.

Renault have a much better of idea of how to make car suspension dampers than a company who can whip of a set which just fit.

I've no idea what the difference is between the two types unfortunatly. But either way I'd never just stick springs on a car go the whole hog or not at all IMO.

Clio 182
eddie,
Thanks for the comments, i think i may have a bush on the way out as i get a creeking sounds from the right hand side when i go over a bump lol, So you dont rate the powerflex at all? I really wish i could afford a set of H&R's

Rich

eddie,
Thanks for the comments, i think i may have a bush on the way out as i get a creeking sounds from the right hand side when i go over a bump lol, So you dont rate the powerflex at all? I really wish i could afford a set of H&R's

Rich

Nope not realy Renault know more about suspension design. Plus they don't squeek.

As for your problem check your top mount also bottom ball joins and ARB and wishbone buxhes.
Being as its a 182 my money on the top mount catching on the strut top under the bonnet.

R

rich[182]

eddie,

Rich

I had EXACTLY same prob at 5k miles, had bushes replaced under warranty, sorted