ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

eibach springs on 172

Clio v6

I had them on my mk1. Cant say they made any difference really, just looked a wee bit lower.

im not a big fan or progressive sprong setups.

By the time you reach any decent spring poundage you well into bumpsteer.

Truth it, springs and dampers are ony there to keep the wheels on the rd, its the suspension geomrety and the arcs which each component follows. Keep the car from going into any of these high roll situations (result of low cars) then itll handle far better.

Well, I was a sceptic, but I took the plunge and fitted some Eibach Pro springs to my Mk2 172 and have never looked back! They are superb!

Ride is firm, but actually better than the std Renault setup, in my opinion. Handling is very good as std, but the Eibachs take it that little bit further, reducing roll and certainly ironing out the instability issues with the back end, especially over 100mph. On the track I found the Eibachs great too.

My only minor niggle is that they only drop the car 15mm up front and 5mm on the rear, but its a purely aesthetic niggle - the improvements in the handling far outweigh it!

eibachs are the only ones i want as they are the best.

thats why they only drop your car a small ammout they should make things better not worse.

most people fit apex 40mm springs which made the car drive like sh1t.

any way jj where are you as i am fed up buying stuff i am not happy with and would very much like a go in your car to see what there like before i buy them.

ROb: not that many mistakes, it was late!

i dont like progrssive, i prefer single rate springs.

thats all.

Quote: Originally posted by BenR on 03 April 2003

ROb: not that many mistakes, it was late!

i dont like progrssive, i prefer single rate springs.

thats all.
Each to their own. I can see you point about the progressive setup, but proof positive is driving the 172 with the Eibachs - its superb!

I also went for Eibachs on my MK2 172 & I love them, ok - not the lowest but does the job & still manages to scuff on the rear with a passenger.

Quote: Originally posted by teady172 on 04 April 2003

Rear end instability at 100MPH! That doesnt sound like too much fun!:confused:
Kinda near the limit, on a windy bend (on a private road, occifer)!

I have finally taken the plunge and had Eibach Pro kit springs fitted to my C172 at R-Tec in St Albans. I havent really driven it much yet over this weekend, but initial impressions are very good. There is a definite reduction in body roll and the ride quality hasnt deteriorated and infact has improved a bit, which I find hard to comprehend as they are supposidly harder sprung.

Also had Yoko A539 fitted all round and so far proved very grippy, more so than the Contis, though when they do start to go they will let you know. They definitly squeal more than the contis.

One thing that Id asked them before fitting the springs was whether alignment to the suspension had to be made for the Eibachs. They said no as the drop was not enough to warrent any adjustments (15mm front and 5mm rear). Is this the case or do I have to get it done? If I dont get this done will my C172 suffer any detrimental effects, as so far can tell, it rides and handles better than before.

Thanks.