ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Elec fault

Clio 182 Cup
Had a look at Edde's fault thread but feel this is slightly different to anything listed. So any help would be appreciated.

Saturday the ABS and ESP lights came on whilst drving down the lanes, went eventually and thought nothing of it.

When starting the car STOP and Batt symbol failed to black out until driving for a few mins.
When left to idle for a few mins all the above lights popped up, headlights started dimming, windoms wouldn't shut etc.
Tanned it home in an attempt to charge the batt and everything was fine again after a while.
Started up again this morning with no problems whatsoever...

Recently had Aux belt/tensioner kit done... crap battery? Knackered alternator?

Any help would be greatly appreciated cheers!

BMW M135i
A good start would be a get a multimeter on the battery terminals when the engines running to see if your getting a good charging voltage of 14.4v or near enough.

If thats all good then change the battery.

Clio 182 Cup
Cheers, dreading the alternator... esp as just had aux belt kit fitted as it'll have to be fitted again?? :dapprove:

BMW M135i
Your not supposed to retension already used belts. For the sake of what a new one costs I wouldn't risk it.