ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Electric power steering fuse?

Hi all,

Just wondering where the fuse is for the electric power steering in my Dci 80 - my Clio has 100% electric power steering rather than hydraulic (no reservoir in the engine bay). Just wondering where the fuse was so that I can remove it to check that my power steering is indeed working or if its starting to fail. The steering seems slightly heavy compared to other cars I have driven, its not massively heavy but just heavier than I would expect for a car with power steering.

I believe there is a motor on the steering column which assists when needed - I am guessing this is also speed variable to give different levels of assistance - eg heavier on the motorway vs lighter around town.

Thanks in advance!

Found it, its in the cabin fusebox bottom right, its not in the manual but does have the steering wheel symbol and it makes a huge difference when its not on! Undrivable steering without the PAS on, fairly heavy steering when it is on!