ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Electric window fault

Clio 1.2Dynamique
I've got a small problem with my 1.2 clio.

For a little while now on pressing the button to put the window up on the drivers side, the window itself has been making a creaking/clicking sound and going up rather slowly.

However today i goto put the window up, it gos slower then normal and when it reached the top a loud pop/cracking noise came from within the door panel. On further testing this the window makes a god aweful noise everytime its opened even a little bit.

In short could someone tell me what the bloody hell is wrong with it please and how would I go about fixing it. :D

RB182 FF ASTRA GSI T
sounds like the runner is broke, they run in a little plastic clip, the clip brakes and it ends up a little metal ball sliding on the metal frame, besth thing to do is try and get a cheap replacement window set up from a scrap yeard

Clio 1.2Dynamique
Ah how hard would this be to change over, baring in mind im a complete newbie to the world of mechanics? Thanks for the swift reply was concerned thought I fucked the window up lol

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Its more effort pulling the plastic away from the door as the tiger seal is sticky as f**k, be careful not to snap it.

Also, there are about 10 odd screws to take out with a torx bit, its about a half an hour job.

Clio 1.2Dynamique
This is starting to sound like some ballache lol..o well wish me luck never been one to shy away from rolling up my sleeves! thanks alot for your help =]