ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

electric window switch

mk2 172

dont suppose anyone knows if i get a switch from a drivers side window and stick it in the passenger side door it will retain the *down in one click* feature??? if not will any switch off a mk1 clio fit the bill?, as my passenger side one is a bit tempremental.

cheers in advance

craggy

Hi there matey,
My passanger side window switch started playing up a while ago, so I took it apart, cleaned the contacts up, and hey presto, it works better than the drivers side.
Hope this helps.

mk2 172

too late mate! got a new un today out a reno 21, its spot on, swapped the top cap and got a nice hybrid switch, seems to be a lot better than the clio ones, has a really good "click" if there is such a beast!, got some other bits too out a 97 mk1, some mint interior plastics that were a little scratced in mine. its amazing how easy that plastick scratches. also managed to destroy a few switches trying to get em out, there feckin impossible, it ruins the door cards summat rotten. its a t**t how the drivers side switch doesnt fit straight into passenger side. reckon the relay might need changing if i want the one touch feature on passenger side.

craggy