ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Electric windows, central, remote locking and window demisted all died at once

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
It's not the dash fuses. My window is stuck down now. There is absolutely no response from the locking button on the dash, using the key (red light flashes when pressed) the rear window heater won't respond.

Car turns on and runs with no problems.

HELP

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Okay, now the car won't start either.

Turn the key, all dash lights come up bar the imob light so I'm thinking uch is at fault.

Checked engine bay fuses and they are all intact

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Hahaha mines given up today. Going to try coding the key back in for mine the manual way.

Everything works but but won't start.

b*****d UCH's !!!

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
yeah still locks the car.

mine hasnt blow a fuse as ive had everyone out in the bay and in the dash, non blown.

just randomly desided it wasnt going to go anywhere.

solid imob light now, hense me saying, me going to try the manual ' emergancy recode '

yours sounds like a fucked UCH tho.

i hope mine isnt as i cant get the ecu cover off, which i need to for the codes as renparts cant get me a matching set otherwise :(

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
UCH was quite cheap when I bought it from Renault Wolverhampton on here. Fitted it myself and got a mate that works for renault to code it in for £20.

Certainly not the end of the world.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
All I want is just the power to wind the window up. Don't mind the rest! Will probably get a second hand one if you can have them coded as well. Can't afford the other one on this tight ass student finance.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
as far as im aware, we need the keys/UCH/ ecu that match the car.

didnt think it was possible to recode a second hand one.

will have to get fred over to do mine , IF i find the uch is at fault

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
I'll await words of wisdom. Shotgun a spare N2 though.

Just took all the connections out of mine and put them back in with the hope of it working but no

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
turn ignition on, take negative battery clamp off.

leave it 5-10 mins the retry.
it worked last time my uch had a hissy fit and locked the doors , switched power off to the windows.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
about to go re code my key.... when my mate finally gets here....

renparts said they had plenty uch/ecu sets in for dci's. just needed teh codes to match make ect. didnt ask a price but i can see it being 200 odd

edit: renparts got a set for a 65 on ebay, 126 quid.

loads on the bay, from renparts/renbreakers ect.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
update as we are a bunch of chaps who get things done and not pussy around saying I'll do it tomorrow!

Didn't work after leaving the the battery neg off and key on for a while.

Luckily I was able to swap the UCH from my other DCI over to roll up the windows and lock the car but it's 100% the UCH which is dead.

Will order a second hand one and get it coded somehow.

I need a UCH-BG

p8200065817 (used on lots of cars not just the DCI)

Many.
Hai! Sorry I'm late.

100% cannot program a used UCH. Has to be new. I can do it though. Or swap bits! One thing though, get on the UCH with a multi meter and check it still has all the lives it should do.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Ohh s**t the bed. New one is going to set me back a fair wack.

Wiring is all okay as the one from my other dci fired up a treat.

So it's new, BBA-reman or the below.

If I were to swap the ECU,UCH and associated bits can you reprog in the injectors matey? How much would you want for that. PM me

I want the cheapest way of sorting this out as skint doesn't express enough!

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
I've bitten the bullet, going to order the uch/ecu ect.

Managed to recode my key with reman guide. Worked a treat but loads of stuff on the car stopped working and still no firing up.
Key now turns the imob light out tho

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
That's what I've done as well but probably beat you to it so got the £48 set on ebay ;)

I hate it that a stupid circuit board can cause so many problems and be so expensive. Need it sorted in about a week ideally for when my sis is back and needs the car.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
I need mine for thursday when I'm back on shift lol

hopefully if I ring renparts tommorow , I cN have the parts Thursday and hope to fecking god I doesn't give up again on the way to work

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
This is just great. I bought a second hand UCH, ecu, decoder ring and key. Fitted it and all the locking functions are back working okay. The solid red immobiliser light is on.

Done a multiplex test on clip and that's okay.

What are the other tests I need to do on clip to track the fault down?

@MicKPM may you be able to help :)

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Here are some screen prints for what has come up. On my other DCI the immobiliser shows engine immob off and light extinguished

Screenshot2014-02-28151300_zps05b70641.png

Screenshot2014-02-28152226_zpsb1efb3f4.png

Screenshot2014-02-28151300_zps05b70641.png

Screenshot2014-02-28152325_zps645014f9.png

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Solid red is normally a connection fault somewhere or a bad earth. Hard to say without seeing it but *sometimes* resetting the UCH Config will fix this issue.

Make note of the current Config before you hit the erase button.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
have you properly cleaned out the engine bay box?

first time i did it, i only cleaned a little , did nothing.

second time round, cleaned every contact that i could, all the big fuses, the white R connect at the bottom.
first turn of the key after locking/unlocking the car. red imob went out.

now ive got a new UCH that i dont now need lol.
atleast ive got a spare N3 if mine ever gives up

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
have you properly cleaned out the engine bay box?

first time i did it, i only cleaned a little , did nothing.

second time round, cleaned every contact that i could, all the big fuses, the white R connect at the bottom.
first turn of the key after locking/unlocking the car. red imob went out.

now ive got a new UCH that i dont now need lol.
atleast ive got a spare N3 if mine ever gives up

check the fuses in the dash aswell. i had a little 5amp one looking abit worst for ware. ( door elumination light , car with doors open pick on the cover )

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Thanks Mick, not sure how to do that, I'm scared of touching any button on this clip as I accidentally wiped my ecu on my other dci last night. Now it gets to 12% on the reprog and freezes. Using clip whilst ill and exhausted is just a terrible idea but there was no other time.

Today I cleaned all the contacts in the bay box with electrical contact cleaner and gave them a double soaking. There wasn't a great deal of corrosion although a little as expected. Still got the light unfortunately. Will have to ride the bike for a week or so because I need to come back to this with a fresh pair of eyes.

Many.
If you're home early one evening, or during the day one day next weekend, I'll happily pop down and give you a hand/second pair of eyes/somebody to tell you that you've been stupid.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
I am matey in the week but have no voice currently. Do you understand sign?

Stupid is exactly what I've been. Family keep saying, what are you going to do? If I knew I would have fixed it!! Knowledge from a higher being is needed, AKA you. I'll drop you a text when I'm alive again.

This is what's happening. I've tried reprog on an iso and dvd

Screenshot2014-03-01164953_zps26bd0a91.png

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
battery got a charger plugged onto it?

very BAD idea doing reprogramming unless battery voltage is at a steady 12v

also, genuine or cloned cLip?

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Battery got a charger on ya.

Clone but I'm pretty sure it's going back. Piece of rubbish

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
give us the serial numbers off it, ive got a clone aswell. mine works fine.

theres two types of clones on ebay, hard to tell the difference , but one is really cheap components inside and is , frankly, crap lol

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Yup yours is the same as mine

although I'm using an update disk on mine.( get to from Renault , although it's all online updates now )

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
I've reinstalled clip and it now says the reprog disc is corrupted so I think that's my problem.

Will try again shortly but not holding out any help

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
This is todays problem with v113 and v105 of reprog

Screenshot2014-03-03173549_zps16bfcb99.png

AlexW Tuesday or Wednesday or the weekend I am free :). I got very very very moist today on my bike which was horrible.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Mended mended thanks to the above man. His clip worked no problem!

Solid red light on the other ECU wouldn't go out. Tried my ecu kit on it and the car fires up no problem. New ECU kit on the way....again.