ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Electrical fault and limp mode HELP :(

106 gti
Hellllo.

Firstly am I correct in thinking the squiggly line means electrical issue?
This is the light that comes on when I go into limp mode, only seem to go into limp mode once every couple of days and it's fine for a while when I restart the car but the last couple of days it's got progressively worse and more frequent.
Seems to happen when I plant my foot in either 2nd or 3rd.
I plugged it in today and it came up with throttle position sensor fault circuit A?! Is the throttle position sensor actually on the pedal itself or somewhere around the throttle body?
Had a brief read up but seeing a few different solutions and all seem to be really old threads so wondered if anyone had had this issue or any general advice without replacing parts that may not need changing.

Thanks, Lewis

koi

Audi S1
I bought a accelerator pedal thinking the same but turned out to be the white connector in the fuse box. Gave it a clean and been fine since.

106 gti
Ok I'll do that tomorrow cheers :)
What's best to clean it with wd40 and a clean cloth?

02 Iceberg 172
A good quality contact cleaner would be better than WD40 imo - I'd give all the fuses and relays all a good clean while you were there as well. Wouldn't hurt to give the throttle body, accelerator pedal and ecu connectors a going over too...

106 gti
Just been to halfords to grab some and cleaned the white plug, didn't look to dirty though I was actually hoping it'd be filthy but as it's an intermittent fault I suppose I can only wait and see

Clio Sport 197
Could be many things, I had the same problem.
try the plug that goes into the back of the throttle, give it a clean, clean the throttle whilst your there.
Also check spark plugs, leads and coil pack.
I found just because it tells you the fault, don't assume that's the entire cause
I cleaned and or replaced all the above and touch wood, mine seems to be okay.
Also unplug your map sensor, top left of the inlet, black plug.
See if it runs any better, if so could also be this, try cleaning, you may have to buy a new one from Renault.
I bought one from work (I work at Euro car parts) bought the most expensive one we do thinking it would be best, i was wrong, get a genuine Renault one.
I'm no expert but thought I would share my experiences as it might help

106 gti
Thanks for that mate much appreciated. It was getting to the point where it would go into limp mode like every other journey, I do 40 miles a day for work and since cleaning that white plug on Sunday I've had no problems at all touch wood. Unbelievable really haha