ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Electrical fault in the rain??

Ph1 172
Sorry to have to introduce myself through a thread like this, but my clio just aint right at the moment! :(

My name is Ben, living in Kent, owner of a 2001 bluey silver (the rare colour apparently) ph1 Clio Sport.
Love the car, but not used to the amount of problem it presents me with (I used to drive hondas).

Firstly it was the speedo cutting out after about 10 mins of driving, I believe from what i've read that I need to clean/change a sensor. (I'll get round to that).

Then it started to stall in reverse?! Well... After I've done my reversing, clutch down, revs drop too low and STOP says the dash board. Either I gotta look at the ICV or clean up the manifold?

But the problem that is really causing me problems.... When I wash my car, or it rains heavily, the clio has a fit, and cuts out, and wont start. And the fuse box buzzes like anything when the ignition is turned on. Something is getting wet???? Any ideas???? Then I gotta wait till the clio dries out, and it runs like a beaut again?! Any help would be great. Cheers :D