ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Electrical Fault Light + Limp Mode

Mk2 1.2 16v
Hey guys,

I have a 2002 1.2 16v Dynamique, and was driving home from work the other day when the electrical fault light came on at 60mph, and scared the sh*t outta me, it went into limp mode and i managed to park up in parking bay just off the dual carriageway. I turned the engine off and turned it back on and it seemed fine for 5 mins or so, then the same happened again, i managed to limp it home and there she stands.

It seemed that if i put my accelator to the floor, the electrical fault light would come on and limit me to around 30-40mph and 3,000 revs.

Please help :O

Thanks alot.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]

[/FONT]

172ph2
The usual culprits are the electronic throttle body / pedal potentiometer / wiring to the pedal or throttle body / in my case (172) it appears to have been interference in the wires caused by the battery cable that runs through the main loom.

I'm not sure what type of throttle body you've got, if it's mechanical then ^ that lot doesn't help!