ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Electronic fault dash light issue

HAP

ClioSport Club Member
  Petrol blue 182
Hi, my 182 has developed a small issue while I was driving. The car lost all power and went into limp mode and the electrical issue light came onto the dash. I stopped and turned it off and back on and it's gone back to normal.

Is this something to worry about or is it a common issue?

Cheers!

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
Quite common, have a read of a few of the limp mode threads on here. Usually either the throttle body, throttle pedal or the wiring between the two. Or was the case for me, the ECU itself at fault, but believe that's quite rare.
I'd code read it first to confirm it's the standard throttle track fault that it throws.

I'd see if it gets worse personally, or just a one off, but if you want to properly rule stuff out if it does get worse, throttle bodies can still be had brand new. If you want a 182 pedal they're NLA, so the best you can get is probably 15 years old now.

Reactions: HAP

HAP

ClioSport Club Member
  Petrol blue 182
Thanks for the reply! I'll get it checked out on a computer asap!

Many thanks!

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
You don't have any seperately fused aftermarket stuff like radio do you? I've had my sub fuse trip and throw it into limp mode.

HAP

ClioSport Club Member
  Petrol blue 182
Totally standard everything apart from a few engine parts. Just randomly threw it into limp mode while driving! Doesn't rev past 2500 rpm now unfortunately.

• Sad
Reactions: MLB

HAP

ClioSport Club Member
  Petrol blue 182
I'll get a computer on it next week and report what the fault code it for future reference.

HAP

ClioSport Club Member
  Petrol blue 182
Are these normal readouts for the throttle valve?
IMG_20230430_101121.jpg

HAP

ClioSport Club Member
  Petrol blue 182
I changed the spark plugs, pre cat lambda, ht leads and coil pack and it ran great.

HT leads and a super old lambda sensor were definitely the cause of the problem.