ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

electrical fault light on !!

Volvo S60 T5
without looking as my I dont have dialogys on this pc, I recon its the valve located on the nsf below the air box.
whats the running problem with your car?

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
the car runs ok then without warning the fault light comes on continuosly and i lose all power when its switched off and back on it runs fine but this keeps happening . i got fault codes cleared as i thought it was the tdc sensor but this code has been read as a actual fault and not just a stored code(when i say all power i mean the revs drop to idle and stay there) all other functions operate ok

172 cup'd extreme
yeah mike its the pipe connected to the air box there is a solnoid that opens the mixing flap depending on how cold it is. i dont even have mine connected so my guess is the wire is split and causing a short on the body work.

i have a k&n gen2 fitted will i still have this pipe connected!! is this the breather that goes to the back of the engine?? cheers for all replies btw (exept iain lol)

172 cup'd extreme
the breather pipe is at the back of the engine circled

Attachments

• breather.jpg
    breather.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 1,094
DSC00071.gif

this light came back on along with the one in the middle of the dash

DSC00070.gif

andi found that these wires have been stippen and have been rubbing on the top of the engine could this be the fault ??

hope the pics work

172 cup'd extreme
the sensor your pointing at is the inlet air temp sensor, it doesnt correspond to the fault renault have given you, the car will run with that sensor unplugged it doesnt effect performace that much but fuel economy will suffer. if you look near the fuse box there is a yellow relay close to that will be the connector and solnoid valve.

is it the big black plastic thingy with a large pipe and a small pipe coming off it above the horn.

sorry if this is totally obvious but i prob cant see it for looking at it

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
The small rubber hose next to your finger should be connected to the acoustic valve you're refering to in the NSF wheel arch. As that pipe has been blocked off I would say your valve has been removed or maybe disabled.

Jack the car up, remove the NSF wheel, unclip the arch liner and see what's in there. You should see the 2 horns and attached to the same bracket will be a pipe and valve arrangement linked to the inlet pipe.

the rubber hose hasnt been blocked off it still runs into the valve in the wheel arch. i just didnt see any thing electrical that could be causing this!! looks like i could have to go back to renault (hate giving them money)