ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Electrical Fault? :(

Dynamique + 1.2 16v
Hey, i have a renault clio 1.2 16v dynamique, and yesteday i was driving it into work as normal, but the rain was really mad, worst i've seen it in a while tthrough the day and night. So i got into town, and i noticed everytime i stopped moving in the car eg idling.. the needle would drop, then go back to idling point, drop then go back to idling point, and this was a really obvious problem.

So anyway, parked my car for a few hours, thought it was a one off.. on my way home, it cut off and the electrical fault switch came on, right at a roundabout.. it was a nightmare, lol.. but luckily got it going again and parked at nearest garage. Got the AA out, and they said the mixture of c02 petrol and water was wrong, and the idle module was mucked up and the wires where exposed to water..

Has anyone had a problem simliar to this?
it's gutting, only just made it to work today, thank god it didn't stall, or cut off, or whatever u wanna call it haha.

Feedback would be appreciated..

Thanks, Ryan :D

MERCEDES CLS AMG
C02 Petrol and water was wrong ???

mmm - not sure about the above but the symptoms point to the FBW throttle body / ECU wiring loom. On the back of your inlet manifold you will find your ECU - theres a black metal plate that covers the ECU. The plate rubs on the loom and causes the wires to fray creating a short circuit and exposing the copper core. They can also get wet if it rains. If these wires make contact it can also create running faults. As for your throttle body it will simply need replacing