ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

electrical issues - need as much help as poss

Clio 2002
Hi guys

i have an electrical fault with my car effecting the following

-boot wont lock
-rear fog light dash icon appears when i use more than 1 electrical function (lights/brakes/air)
-electrical fault light appears and goes from time to time. i dont do anything special to get it to go away

if anyone can shed any light on this and guide me on how to correct it that would be great!

time is not an issue as my plan is to keep this car clean and in perfect working order.

thanks

Fiesta ST2 MP215
Yep,

Take out both rear lights, check the connectors, they will be either black or white with crap or corrosion respectively, give them a good clean, spray with WD40, the block connector to the lights give the plugs a squeeze to make the contact tighter and try again, should fix it and one of the most common faults on a MK2 Clio.

Clio 2002
much appreciated! ill give it a go. ill look for a guide on how to remove rear lights and ill put silver bulbs in while im there!

can you offer any advice regarding my other issues

Fiesta ST2 MP215
There is just a screw inside the boot, undo and light almost falls out, unplug block and done,

they will likely be linked, what's happening is the circuit cannot earth as Normal ( the earth lead in the block is the leftmost one btw ) and follows the path of least resistance which is the fog light, I'm guessing when you lock the car via remote the spoiler light flashes too?

Not had any issues with the boot lock but give this a go and see if it fixes it.

Clio 2002
ok good stuff, sounds pretty straight forward

i cant say iv noticed the the spoiler light flashing......

ill give it a go and see what happens fingers crossed this sorts it.

Renault have been telling me i need a new solenoid & lambda sensor and what not to correct my problems. quote was nearly £600

Fiesta ST2 MP215
To be honest most stealers just get a r****d to roll a dice and multiply by 7 to get their prices, same as faults too, generally get said r****d to point at a list of potential issues and go with it.

Fiesta ST2 MP215
The Guys on here know their stuff, there is only one nearby to us though, Mike in Staines, the others are an hour plus away. but things like this can be long and tedious and produce a big labor bill.