ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Electrical problem warning light on!

google image
(i have a 2002 172 owned for a week!!) had a nice long drive yesterday covered about 300 miles car is all fine..today i wash it then start it and i have the electrical warning light on alongside the ECU warning light.
car is running in limp mode. any ideas on what the problem is? asked renault and they said £80 for a diagnostic...trying not to go down that route yet.
i'm thinking maybe when washing the car i have got water in somewhere and by resettin the ecu i may cure problem.

Any help/advice much appreciated
Dan

Clio Sport 1.2 16V
What lights come on?

Sometimes the faults clear themselves after 5 clean starts - try starting it a few times.

If it wasnt really a fault you might be lucky.

google image
well i reset the ECU anyway and it cleared it...mst have got water in a sensor somewhere.

all better now :D

Be careful with pressure washes on Clio the UCH which is under the passenger pashboard if it gets wet usually has to be replaced which is £350 for the part alone and you need Renault to program it.

google image
eek!! well good job i dont have a pressure washer then! i had a similar problem with my saxo where all my gauges and dials froze! and resetting the ecu sorted it.