ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Electrical Warning Light - No problems so far?

Clio 1.2 16v Dynamique
Hi guys, i've read the forum and google for all of the problems with the electrical warning light...

Mine came on the other day so i took it straight to a garage and the mechanic cleared the dash board warning light as he said he checked everything lambda sensor etc and he said they were fine.

Today the light came on again!

I've had no actual problems whilst driving, but i've only driven about 3 miles today.

Did you guys have problems straight away when the electrical light came on? or did it take time?

thanks

More poke than viagr
Ive had this problem.

At first just the light came on, took it to the garage and they couldnt find anything wrong with it (like yourself). For the next few months it was fine, ran fine but the electrical light did randomly appear, but when it did 90% of the time it made no differance at all as it still ran fine. I thought nothing of it as it had been to the garage and it still ran fine; i thought it must just be a small break in a wire somewhere.

but the last few months its been getting progressively worse until yesterday it was undrivable. Every time i changed down a gear, the light would come on and would go into limp mode (2000 rpm). The only way i found to cure this was to switch the ignition off and then on again...before you lost too much speed lol.

But someone else on here has just told me that he had the same problem and it just turned out to be the pedal, which cost about £30 from renault, so hopefully it will be a cheap and easy fix.