ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Electronic warning light

Renaul clio 1.2 16v
My electronic warning light keeps coming on, and engine revs go up and down on there own and most times car stalls. This only happens for a while but it is killing my MPG and get very annoying when in traffic.

I had this problem before and have changed the map sensor and wireing loom but it has come back with avengance. Any other ideas on what is causing it.

Get the car plugged inot the computer and see what the fault is being thrown up.

Could be a tdc sensor.

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique+
+1

Plug it in. The light could be an old fault which hasn't been cleared from ECU.
Revs goin up and down could simply be unbalanced clutch, mine does the same. If it stalls.. could be dirty TB... maybe

Renaul clio 1.2 16v
Well i plugged it in last night at in says MAP sensor yet again. The Wireing loom looks fine. But the when taking the MAP sensor out it has snapped. So definitely need one now. But i called Renault who say £104.00 for a new one. i got my last one for £30 granted that might be why its screwed.

Phase 2 172
Remove the metal casing covering the ecu multiplug(little spinny wheel thingy at the back of it) and ull probably find a bare wire which touches the casing and causes erratic idle. and also remove the air filter and check for a build up of oil at the back of the inlet manifold u may need to strip and clean the manifold and throotle body. done this a million times at my work(parks renault in scotland)

Renaul clio 1.2 16v
Yeah I have taken the metal thing off as it destroyed the wires i do have a new loom on. I remember when taken it apart the throtle body was dirty. So do you think a new one would be worth a shot and roughly how much do you reckon they would be.