ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Elephant Insurance..

Liquid yellow R26 F1

Hi

Anyone use Elephant Insurance..

They have quoted me a good price for a CUP.. but wanted to see if anyone had ever claimed.. and how efficient they were/are..??

Its all very well getting a cheap quote, but no at the expense of getting striped up...:eek:

Thanks..

James

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

Yes, and yes.

They are part of the Admiral group.

I had a write off claim through them, and they were fairly efficient. the only delay in the claim was down to the independent assessors.

Admiral, Elephant, Bell Direct and Diamond are all part of the admiral group so each give quotes that are pretty close, altough Diamond were lowest for me last time.

Mr2 Roadster

Billiant, just a no to mods!

<<< Dont tell them!

[Edited by NickyB on 28 June 2004 at 5:42pm]

Im with them too. Had an outstanding claim for 1 year now! but i dont think it is down to them, more like the third party insurers. Was pretty efficent with another claim I made.

But yeah if you are wanting to mod, look somewhere else. they bump your premium quite a bit if you want to add any mods. example - cost me £85 over 4 months to add lowering to my policy. imagine that over a year :eek:

i found elephant to be the most expensive of all. by double the price???? cheapest was norwhich union and direct line. they gave me qoute of £1100 with no no claims, speeding offence and privious accident and on a group 16 car i.e the 182

Leon TDI

Quote: Originally posted by bsimmer3000 on 28 June 2004
i found elephant to be the most expensive of all. by double the price???? cheapest was norwhich union and direct line. they gave me qoute of £1100 with no no claims, speeding offence and privious accident and on a group 16 car i.e the 182

Same here. Never found Elephant to be competative at all. Out of all my quotes they were alaway the, or second most, expsensive.

I found them to be the cheapest by far, even knocked money off my policy when i added my gf halfway in to the year. Havent claimed yet, but I did have a window smashed and through the policy they got it all sorted and it only cost me £50 would of been £130 if i wasnt covered. Didnt effect my policy at all either.

Another good thing is you can make changes to your policy online and itll tell you the difference! Well I thought that was pretty good. :)

They were easily the cheapest for me. Try adding other people on. It worked out £100 quid cheaper to add my brother on who doesnt even live with me.

£950 just me

£850 me & my bro fully comp on a willy 3

Cheapest for me too on Williams - not many would insure me, but they did and it was the best price.

thats odd that because i tryed them and the woman also said add another person to it and it will bring down the price. so i added my mum with 5 yrs no claims and no acciedents and my qoute went up by £300 so it was about £2600 lol they even had the cheek to ring me up and say was i happy with the qoute. i said are you taking the piss? they said why is that not a good price. so i said would you be? she just hung up lol

Jas

ClioSport Admin
  Maserati Ghibli S

Both my cars are insured through elephant. Have a claim going through now, they appear ok so far, fairly easy to get hold of.

Liquid yellow R26 F1

ok.. thanks for the replies...

They have been the cheapest quote so far.. at £535 for a CUP.. phoned Norwich Union direct and spoke to a call center in India..:mad:.. so that put me off straight away.. and they were dearer..

James

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255

Im with Admiral and (a) they were cheapest and (b) the let me have usual mods (exhaust + springs) as part of the internet quote. Over £90 better than DirectLine whod be the best the year before and who dicked me around about mods on my renewal.

Got a quote for a V6 from them ... £600-odd so emminently affordable ;)

Fabia vRS

Quote: Originally posted by andydean on 29 June 2004

Im with Admiral and (a) they were cheapest and (b) the let me have usual mods (exhaust + springs) as part of the internet quote. Over £90 better than DirectLine whod be the best the year before and who dicked me around about mods on my renewal.
me 2...they let me have suspension n alloys, but wont let me have ind kit + exhaust, which is sh!te :mad:

cDc

182 Arctic Blue

I recently switched to elephant - however one thing really annoyed me

I had put a quote through them in the past and they phoned me with the standard sales pitch when my renewal was due. My best quote so far (More Than) was 430 quid so when they said they could beat it and offered me 390 i said OK.

HOWEVER

when the policy came through it was only the 10 month no claims bonus accelerator plan not a 12 month policy. This suited me OK - so i left it like this but make sure you confirm this when confirming the insurance if you have full no claims the 10 months accelerator is probbaly not what youd need.

cheers

Im with elephant too. 25, 6yrs NCB 3 points + missus as named driver = £729 fully comp. By far the chaepest for me

im with them, 464 f/c on a valver, i said was worth 3.5k im 23 with 2 yrs ncd, i think thats brill.

i also got a quote on what im thinking of getting next & no one could beat that either !!

Im with elephant for my vee and valver, alot cheaper than anyone else on the vee, and good quote on the valver as a second car:

Mk2 V6 £685 fully comp, protected n/c, with 2 named drivers.

96 N valver £275 fully comp, protected n/c, with 1 named driver.

Quote: Originally posted by L11Y JC on 29 June 2004

Im with elephant for my vee and valver, alot cheaper than anyone else on the vee, and good quote on the valver as a second car:

Mk2 V6 £685 fully comp, protected n/c, with 2 named drivers.

96 N valver £275 fully comp, protected n/c, with 1 named driver.

Oooooooppppss, loged in as Daughter:oops:

they would be good quotes at 20 weeks old!!!!