ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Eletric fault light.

Renault Clio 172 Cup
My electric warning fault light has been coming on lately & the car has been going in to limp mode, I had I on the diagnostics machine today and I said it was to do with the throttle peddle so I changed that and I said it had cleared so I went to get some petrol and on the way home it came back on again. Any one have any idea what else I might be? cheers.

RB 182 cup
Mine went into limp mode and wouldn't rev above 3k, the diagnostics machine said something about the throttle, after 5 hours of an auto electrician on it, it turned out to be a corroded engine loom wire.

FF Clio 182
Throttle position sensor. It's on the side of the throttle body, tells the ECU the position of the throttle (Obviously) Common fault on the 1.2 16v Clio's not to sure about the RS. Try changing the throttle body see if that helps. Can pick up a second hand one on here fairly cheap.