ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Email from Santa Pod!

Silver Fabia vRS

I enquired to the cost of hiring Santa Pod for a Renault or Cliosport day only and here is there response, needless to say I laughed when I got it!

Dear Geoff

Thank you for your request of hiring Santa Pod Raceway for a private Run What Ya Brung day.

The basic price for an exclusive hire of the track for Run What Ya Brung day is £3,450+VAT . This will include the basic manning of marshals, timing-system, ambulance and security. If you choose to have your day as a public day the initial cost will be £2,850+VAT and in addition there will be a £10 per person gate fee charged which will be divided equally after VAT between yourself and Santa Pod Raceway. On both occasions each driver needs to pay the sign-on/insurance fee of £13 (2002) and £15 (2003) per person which will be kept by Santa Pod Raceway.

For a private day we have assumed that no more than 250 people will attend in total with a maximum of 150 using the drag strip and that Santa Pod would not be open to the public. If the event seems to be getting larger or you wish to have the event open to the public we would probably have to look in to adding more staffing which could accumulate additional costs.

For these types of days the gates open at 9am with signing on from 9.30am. The track will be open for runs (Weather & track condition permitting, you can not use the track when it is wet.) between 10am and 5pm with a 30 minutes (approx.) break for Lunch sometime between 1.00pm and 2.00pm

Please notice that all riders have to present a valid UK or European Drivers Licence on the day, and they will be required to sign a "Sign-on" form at the track.

A non-refundable deposit of £1300 + VAT will be required with the booking. Remaining balance for the hire to be paid no later than 30 days before the actual hire day or in instalment leading up to the hire day.

We do have regulations with regards to trading and catering, which can be discussed further at a later date.

Please let us know as soon as possible for available dates as our calendar is filling up rapidly.

I hope this information is helpful and we look forward hearing from you soon.

Kind Regards,

Kjell Pettersson

Renault Laguna Coupe

So when are we going then Geoff LOL?

Seriously though, I guess wed need to get 100 people, and we have 400 (?) members? £35 each + Vat isnt actually that bad, the trouble is itd take ages to get that many takers. OK so hows about we start sending you our 40 squids now, and when youve got 4 grand you can get in touch with Santa Pod and take them up on their offer? I doubt wed want to do this until next spring anyway. Its daft, but not quite as daft as it sounds :D

Jas

ClioSport Admin
  Maserati Ghibli S

yeah but Ben, santa pod is pretty crap. It doesnt cost anywhere near that much to turn up on the day and pay your money, and theres never as many as 100 people there either!

Leon Cupra

Think you should send an official Club letter of complaint Jas:cry:, saying that price is a complete rip off:( and the wont be getting any business from Cliosport.net:mad:.

Tim.

BMW 320d Sport

hehe what a stitch up. Santa Pod is a dump, its not as if it costs them anything to run it apart from the staff. So thats half a dozen track marshals, and a couple of lads to run the track drying machine, then 3 signers on to register the racers and give out the times. Not exactly three and a half grands worth of staffing, especially considering its likely to rain there even in the height of summer!

FOR SALE - Mk1 V6

why dont we all just go on a RWYB day, turn up early, make sure theres enough of us and theyd have to stop letting the public in.

Cliosport day without the major expense

well york is only £23 (8+15to run) and there are very little Qs, Some people ran 20 times last time i went. I know though that this is a little too far for some of you.

as another idea i recently attended a shoot out at elvington airfield. they hired the airfield and then hired the timing gear. this may be a cheaper alternative, they also had a timed course layed out. my favourite was the 700bhp skyline.

Renault Laguna Coupe

Why not ask the York Dragway people what theyd do it for? OK its looking expensive, but you have to admit itd be a hell of a laugh!