ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Suitable Land

Renault Clio 172
Hi Guys,

Just wondering, does anyone know of any suitable private/public land/disused airstrips where we could take our non-road legal Renault Clio track car for short straight line test runs without having to fork out a fortune on track days? It just needs to be suitably surfaced with decent run-off space, ideally somewhere in East Yorkshire/North Lincolnshire (would be willing to travel further if the venue is right, though). Most places I used to go to when I was younger (eg. Hibaldstow, Elvington) have now either been developed, bought by motorsport event companies, or used as DZs for skydiving!

We do at least one track day each month, but this would be really helpful for set-up etc so we can really make the most of the paid track days. We are considerate people and won't take the Mick! Also willing to pay a reasonable fee if anyone owns suitable land and is willing to let us on.

Thanks in advance.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I use our local trading estate. It’s empty from about 7pm and I can do as many laps as I want.

Alternatively, just get a set of duplicate number plates made up from your daily driver and fit those. Won’t ping up on ANPR then… 😂👍

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Hi Guys,

Just wondering, does anyone know of any suitable private/public land/disused airstrips where we could take our non-road legal Renault Clio track car for short straight line test runs without having to fork out a fortune on track days? It just needs to be suitably surfaced with decent run-off space, ideally somewhere in East Yorkshire/North Lincolnshire (would be willing to travel further if the venue is right, though). Most places I used to go to when I was younger (eg. Hibaldstow, Elvington) have now either been developed, bought by motorsport event companies, or used as DZs for skydiving!

We do at least one track day each month, but this would be really helpful for set-up etc so we can really make the most of the paid track days. We are considerate people and won't take the Mick! Also willing to pay a reasonable fee if anyone owns suitable land and is willing to let us on.

Thanks in advance.
yeah, birch airfield near colchester zoo.

the highway authority adopted the main drag as public highway, so you can drive on it as much as you want at 60mph ;)

Renault Clio 172
yeah, birch airfield near colchester zoo.

the highway authority adopted the main drag as public highway, so you can drive on it as much as you want at 60mph ;)
That’s fantastic. A bit of a drive from where we are but beggars can’t be choosers! Thank you so much.

Renault Clio 172
I use our local trading estate. It’s empty from about 7pm and I can do as many laps as I want.

Alternatively, just get a set of duplicate number plates made up from your daily driver and fit those. Won’t ping up on ANPR then… 😂👍
Dodgy but I see your logic! 🤣

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Teesside autodrome track nights £45 for 3 hours. Get plenty of seat time and its big enough to do a shakedown. Next one is 17th April
Screenshot_20230418_210351_Facebook.jpg

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Ha its been a long day. On all the time every month. They only advertise via facebook so need to keep an eye on that.

Back straight is long enough. Haswell had 145mph out of the Trophy there when he owned it 😆

Last edited: